PDA

View Full Version : Refillable Mug and Split Stay with the CSR

KatMark
06-02-2009, 09:28 PM
As most people know, the CSR dining establishments are NOT owned by Disney and, therefore, they have their own mug. I just learned today that if you do a split stay on your trip, staying at the CSR SECOND, and purchase a refillable mug at your FIRST resort, that you will be able to use that mug at the CSR and do not need to purchase a CSR mug.

badkitty
06-07-2009, 03:14 AM
Not to doubt you, but where did you learn that? I thought the Disney refillable mugs were good only in the resort they were purchased and only for your length of stay at that resort.

yasmina
06-07-2009, 10:49 AM
I've been wondering about this myself, although not about CSR. We will be there in 1 week :thumbsup:, staying at SSR for 5 days, and POFQ for 4 days.

I understand about the sign that says only for the resort where purchased for length of stay, but honestly, it seems unfair if you can't use a mug at a second resort during a split stay.

For myself, I would never use a mug on 2 different trips, but 2 resorts on the same trip, I think it should be permissible. If Disney is adament about enforcing this, then they should go to resort-specific mugs.

wildernesslady
06-07-2009, 10:55 AM
I feel you should be able to use the same mug. I'm just not sure about the rules. It should be for the length of that vacation.

KatMark
06-07-2009, 12:05 PM
I've been wondering about this myself, although not about CSR. We will be there in 1 week :thumbsup:, staying at SSR for 5 days, and POFQ for 4 days.

I understand about the sign that says only for the resort where purchased for length of stay, but honestly, it seems unfair if you can't use a mug at a second resort during a split stay.

For myself, I would never use a mug on 2 different trips, but 2 resorts on the same trip, I think it should be permissible. If Disney is adament about enforcing this, then they should go to resort-specific mugs.

You should be fine. The problem with CSR is that they DO have their own resort specific mug (their restaurants are not owned by Disney). But they are now accepting the other mug during a split stay.

JPL
06-07-2009, 12:58 PM
I spent a night at CSR last January and was moving there from OKW and had purchased a Refillable Mug at the beginning of my stay. This is what I was told when I tried to refill my mug by one of the managers at Pepper Market.

I needed to pruchase the CSR mug and then go to to the conceirge and show them my original mug and the receipt from my CSR mug and they would refund my money for the CSR mug. He would not let me fill my YOAMD mug that I purchased at OKW. He said it's not valid at CSR under any circumstance.

Not sure if the policy has changed but that was the official word January 2008.

big blue and hairy
06-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Not to doubt you, but where did you learn that? I thought the Disney refillable mugs were good only in the resort they were purchased and only for your length of stay at that resort.Not to even get into the different Disney resort debate, but CSR's food courts aren't Disney owned, so if they want to let you use the mug, it's up to them.

:sulley:

JPL
06-07-2009, 03:31 PM
Switching resorts during a continuos stay and using the same mug is allowed under Disney's current policy. The only exception is the mug at CSR. I inquired about this is some detail after I returned from that trip and was unable to use my length of stay mug for the length of my stay since it was at CSR. But technically if I wanted to jump through the hoops for one night I could have and it wouldn't have cost me anything except time.

KatMark
06-07-2009, 06:53 PM
CSR changed about a month ago. If you do a split-stay and stay at a resort PRIOR to your arrival at the CSR, you can now use your mug from the first resort.

big blue and hairy
06-08-2009, 03:02 PM
CSR changed about a month ago. If you do a split-stay and stay at a resort PRIOR to your arrival at the CSR, you can now use your mug from the first resort.

Cool!

:sulley: