PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good plan for the MK?

Euby
06-02-2009, 06:02 AM
My sister and I are going to the Magic Kingdom with her kids (DS8 & DD14) on my nephew's 8th birthday :party:. Due to finances, this is the one and only day that we can go (rain or shine). We plan on being there for opening. Unfortunately, it's an Early Magic Hour morning. :(

I'm thinking that we should start with Tomorrowland and proceed counter-clockwise. With Space Mountain & the TTA being closed, my thinking is that this area may not be as busy in the morning as usual.

We have DDR at the Plaza Restaurant for an early lunch. After lunch, we may ride 1 or 2 rides and then head back to Bonnet Creek Resort for an hour or two of down time. :sheep:

In the afternoon, we are meeting my brother and his family (DW, DD15, and DD11). So our group of 4 will double in size to 8. This time I'm thinking that we start in Adventureland and go clock-wise. We currently have an early dinner DDR at Liberty Tree Tavern, but I'm hoping to change it to Tony's Town Square (if the fates are kind, that is).

Since we are such a large group at this point, I'm sure that we will split up on occasion. We will be staying until closing and :fworks:

Plan B would be to take the :train: to Toontown in the morning and work through Fantasyland and Tomorrowland before the break.

I normally stay on property and have several days to do the parks, so cramming in one day at the Magic Kingdom is going to be a challenge. I want us to do as much as we can without being a :drill: or a :director:.

Any thoughts you guys may have would be really helpful.
:thanks:

Darbylew
06-02-2009, 07:33 AM
Sounds like a good plan but sometimes you
can't just stay on a plan. We have found that
at times when you have a fast pass for a ride
then you may have to go to another area and
then back to the ride. It is hard for us to have
a plan. We just go with the flow. Whatever
works best for you is what you should do. Sorry
that you just have one day but I know you will
make the best of it. Once we leave the resort
we don't go back until the park closes. Have a
great time. :mickey::D

casey@bat
06-02-2009, 07:38 AM
I would not leave the park to take the break. You can rest the next day since you are only going one day. Take a break by riding the train for a while.

I would start in Frontierland and get a FP for either Splash or Thunder Mtn.

Just remember to always have a FP in your hands.

KatrinaJ91
06-02-2009, 11:09 AM
I agree....with only going one day, we would make it a marathon day! You can always take breaks by sitting down for an ice cream or watching a show. I hate leaving the park once I am there!! Start wherever you want to FastPass first and then proceed from there.
If you only have half of your group in the morning, find out what they DON'T want to do or don't mind missing and go there first.
Have fun no matter what the plan! :mickey:

the other micki
06-02-2009, 02:24 PM
We were there end of April. I can tell you that Frontierland was much busier in the afternoon than was Tomorrowland on the day we were there. I would do Frontierland first, then Adventureland, and try to hit HM before lunch. I'd save Tomorrowland,etc. until the afternoon. At 12:30, Buzz was only a 10 minute wait when we were there. I would also proabably not take a break unless you are really tired. The lunch will be a nice break and you can always find a shady bench and a Mickey bar. You can also use the afternoon to do some indoor attractions like: Mickey's Philharmagic, Hall of Pres., Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor., Country Bears Jamboree, etc. But you know your family best. Sometimes a midday break is best.

Have fun! :mickey:

estein80
06-02-2009, 02:52 PM
From what I have seen, you might be better off starting in the back of the park (and maybe a run to Toy Story of Space Mtn for FP's) w/ Splash Mtn and Thunder Mtn, as most people start in the front of the park and work their way around or back. (The easiest way to get to the back is to hop on the train and take it around.)