PDA

View Full Version : Emh

alicia524luvstw
06-01-2009, 08:50 PM
I've planned my next trip to avoid EMH. I'm wondering if many people staying on property avoid them as well? Was it less busy?

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-01-2009, 09:27 PM
We don't do EMH either.

We did them our first couple of trips, but found them too busy, and we do better just going to the parks that we want to go to!

DisneyGlutton
06-01-2009, 11:06 PM
It depends on how late the normal park hours are. For instance, if MK is open till 11pm (with EMH till 2am) it would almost be criminal imho not to go. Also, EMH at AK (which is usually till 8pm?) is also nice. If you are very crowd phobic, go in the last hour or two of EMH.

SillyOldBear
06-01-2009, 11:45 PM
We have been planning our trips to avoid EMH, and we stay on property...we would try to do them in the past, but our kids would be tired and then it was just more crowded. It also depends on your length of stay--we are there on 10 day tickets and 10 nights...plus, we are there off-season with the long stay...we get it all in just fine...and I have tried to do the morning, but my kids (and hubby) don't really want to get up then; so, I don't bother!

Night Tracker
06-02-2009, 12:23 AM
We park hop. We start the day at whatever is open earliest. When that park starts to get busy we guess at what park is the least busy and go to that one. Once that park is about to close we go to whatever park is still open. After that we would have gone to Pleasure Island, but now we just go to bed when the last park closes.

So, I guess you could say we go to the EMH park during EMH hours while avoding the EMH park if there is anything else open, just to avoid the crowds and get the most in-park time that we can.

Iteachpc
06-02-2009, 12:36 AM
We do some of both. I am traveling with teens and 2 of them do not like getting up early. They do love being in the parks late at night though.

On our upcoming trip we will try to catch some early morning EMH for certain rides (TSM, EE, etc.), then we'll stay late some evenings...but not back to back! I found out the hard way that doesn't work. :(

If we find a park too busy we hop. I wouldn't say we avoid EMH. The idea of being in MK until 2am is just too tempting to resist!

ransam
06-02-2009, 12:37 AM
it's not worth it if you go during the early openings....but if you go for the late evening openings, then i say they are worth it...by the time the hour comes, the park is often completely empty

c&d
06-02-2009, 09:55 AM
I feel like the odd group out. We actually plan our trips around the night EMH times. ADR's are made in the parks that are open late or in the case of AK, we ate at Boma.

We do not like getting up in the morning so the night hours are great. We laze around the pool or go to the water parks during the day, hitting the parks later in the day. We've also gone fishing and parasailing during the day instead of the parks.

wire0monkey
06-02-2009, 02:05 PM
We usually avoid EMH, and tour opposite them. That was a suggestion that I got from the Unofficial Guide, and it was a good one. I generally don't have as much fun when I go to an EMH, and have more fun when I pick a park that is opposite an EMH. ("Opposite" in this case means a park that had EMH the day before.)

I do go to evening EMH sometimes. An evening EMH at AK can be useful. We try to get there in time to catch the parade and then catch some of the rides. AK tends to empty out in late afternoon anyway.

the other micki
06-02-2009, 02:15 PM
We avoid EMH parks and have had good success. I am tempted to try AK pm emh, as I've heard it's nice.

Young@Heart
06-02-2009, 02:19 PM
I'm also the odd one out. :blush: We plan our park days around EMH, esp. morning EMH.

This is why we've found it works for us. We don't bother w/ park hoppers, since the one time we had them, we seemed to waste so much time switching parks. But it seems like a lot of other people get the hoppers. Those people might start out at the early EMH park, then move on to another park. Because of this, the morning EMH park never seems too crowded to us as the day goes on. Also, we've found that we can get the most attractions in, with little wait, early in the morning. And when you add an extra hour, we can get in even more! :mickey:

estein80
06-02-2009, 03:09 PM
Last trip we took advantage of EMH one morning, but it was rough getting dh out up and out. It did work well though because we did everything we wanted to and were able to take dd back to the room for a nap.

joonyer
06-02-2009, 04:03 PM
I've always found that getting there as soon the park opens on early EMH was a great way to get a lot done. And we have always enjoyed evening EMH as well, never found it as crowded as mid-afternoon, and we love the parks after dark. We like using EMH opportunities.

Daniel1726
06-02-2009, 04:26 PM
I've just come back from Disney and stayed on site for the first time. We did morning EMH these were ok as you get a relatively light crowd for an hour or so, however the evening EMH were packed and I can see no reason as to how these could be considered a perk of staying on-site.

MarkC
06-02-2009, 04:41 PM
We use them consistently, but my kids are 19 and 17 so staying up late is normal for them. Plus, I agree with some others who noted that even though it's tough to get up early, you can get a lot done in a little time during morning EMH. So to each his own, but we really take advantage of them. Mark

Imagineer1981
06-03-2009, 12:30 PM
we use the late EMH so we can sleep in

SFD998
06-03-2009, 12:34 PM
We generally plan our trips to avoid them. However, it is not critical and we do sometimes use the evening Emh.

Snow's Mom
06-03-2009, 01:38 PM
We did the early EMH last vacation in August. I'm wondering if that wouldn't be better than avoiding the EMH parks, as we could get a lot done before it gets too hot.

I remember we went to Disney Studios at the normal opening and it was a miserable day. It was just so hot and so crowded!

We also stayed for the late EMH in AK and enjoyed that. People were exiting in droves. It was STILL crowded, but not nearly as bad as earlier in the day.

KylesMom
06-03-2009, 03:58 PM
I'm wondering if many people staying on property avoid them as well? Remember that EMH are only for people who stay on property. If many folks staying on property avoided them, then they (the parks) would be nicely empty! :mickey:

it's not worth it if you go during the early openings....but if you go for the late evening openings, then i say they are worth it...by the time the hour comes, the park is often completely empty
We're of the opposite opinion . . . we utilize a.m. EMH heavily at MK and AK - but try to avoid p.m. EMH as much as possible due to the insane crowds they bring in the summertime. :mickey:

Pop Centurion
06-03-2009, 06:16 PM
We always plan our days to go to the EMH parks. But then again, we go in Sept so it's not that crowded to begin with.

BluewaterBrad
06-03-2009, 06:30 PM
We usually do the a.m. EMH. Works great for us!:mickey: