PDA

View Full Version : MK Parades

estein80
06-01-2009, 04:06 PM
Am I crazy or did the parades at MK used to start in Fronteirland and travel down Main Street. Last time we were there. The parades all started at the base of Main Street and traveled the other way. My whole family is a little confused as we thought they came from the other direction. Anyone know if/why they changed it?

ransam
06-01-2009, 04:28 PM
not sure when the last time you were there...
but we were there in December of last year and all the parades started in Frontierland and came down mainstreet.

Strmchsr
06-01-2009, 04:50 PM
For a long time they alternated where they started. Now they are starting on Main St and going to Frontierland. I guess that began a couple of months ago.

stephntampa
06-01-2009, 04:55 PM
I was at MK on May 18th, and the 3:00 parade started in Frontierland and continued to Main St. :confused:

joonyer
06-01-2009, 05:10 PM
Last fall the parade at MNSSHP started in Frontierland and went to Main St.

joanna71985
06-01-2009, 05:15 PM
Spectro still starts on Main Street. But the Day Parade used to start in Frontierland. Now it too starts on Main Street.

Don't know what they will do with the MNSSHP and MVMCP parades (they normally start in Frontierland). I am going to guess they will stay the same.

spoiledraf
06-02-2009, 08:33 AM
It would seem to me that starting in the front of the park would be good for crowd flow as many visitors stay for a parade then head for the exits, especially the Spectro parade. On the other hand, when they start in Frontier Land, the crowds would be slowed from leaving as they follow the parade and, at least in my case, try to find a path of least resistance by going through the Main Street shops. I would think Disney would like plan B as it gets you into their retail area one more time to squeeze a few more dollars out of you before you leave the MK.