PDA

View Full Version : Wildnerness Lodge bunk bed room locations

kimmouse
06-01-2009, 02:27 PM
Hi All:
I am in the intitial stages of planning our family disney vacation for next April. We have settled on the Wilderness Lodge because of the bunk beds. It is me, DH, DS & DD (both 11). As I understand it, there are two categories for the WL bunk bed rooms - courtyard view & woods view, with the courtyard being $30 more a night. Can anyone tell me about the views/location of the bunk bed rooms in either category?

Thanks in andvane!! :mickey:

Basket Mommy
06-01-2009, 04:42 PM
We've stayed in bunk bed rooms twice, both times getting a courtyard view. The first time we were on the first floor right beside the pool. We were on the side closer to the Villas then. The 2nd time we were on the 3rd floor on the side that's closer to the boat dock; again we had a pool view. That time we got a connecting room that had 2 queen beds.

We stayed in a non-bunk room with a woods view once. It overlooked the WL Villas and their pool.

buzznwoodysmom
06-01-2009, 06:31 PM
I don't remember the actual room number, but I do know that there are bunkbed rooms with a woodsview on the MK side of the resort with a great view of the castle through the trees. At night you can look out your window and see the castle lighting up all night. We've had the courtyard bunk bed room before and I didn't think the view was worth the extra cost. We got that view because that was all that was available. I think saving the $30 a night and requesting a woodsview room on the MK side would be a good thing to do. That's saving over $200 for a 7 night stay!

Basket Mommy
06-02-2009, 09:50 PM
Wanted to add that no, I wouldn't pay more for courtyard view. We only did it because we got great AP discounts on the rooms both times. I'd go for the Woods View for sure!

kimmouse
06-03-2009, 06:45 PM
Thanks! I will go with the woods view and request a room with a view of MK! :thumbsup: