PDA

View Full Version : Sesame Place

RBrooksC
06-01-2009, 02:19 PM
I learned late last week that the cost to get into a Disney Park isn't as expensive as I once thought it was. The following is why:

My wife and I are going to be taking my son to Dutch Wonderland this summer. My co-worker mentioned he was taking his children to Sesame Place. I thought that might be more interesting so I looked into it. For me to take my family there for the day, it would cost me $50.95 per person over two years old. That cost does not include tax. Then it would cost me $15 to park my car there. There are no children discounts because Sesame Place is for children so they are going to use a majority of the stuff there. Parents need to pay full price because they have to drive there children there and enter the parks.

So, the cost of going to MK for a day might be more expensive but the overall experience is greater, there are more things to do, and the history is deeper and grander.

Needless to say, we are going to skip going there and just do Dutch Wonderland this summer.

ILoveLegos
06-01-2009, 03:42 PM
The last time I went to Sesame Place, I was 14 years old. My family took my nearly two year old cousin to Sesame Place because we all grew up with Sesame Street and liked muppets etc. We paid much more for admission than my cousin, who got in free if memory serves but then there was little for us paying folks to do.

My sister was 13 and she and I could only experience 25% of the attractions and most of those were helping my little cousin out of the ball pit (he sunk down out of view), through the climbing tubes (he was too little to pull himself through) or down a slide (he wouldn't go alone). The target audience seems to be about 6 years old at Sesame Place, which means unless you have just one kid or multiples like twins or triplets most of your family will be left out of the "targeted age group" fun.

Needless to say, even my now grown-up sister & her husband with their 5 kids ages 8 to 6 months (with a set of twins in there), do not want to go to this theme park often because too many of them will be left out of the fun. Disney engages everyone of her kids better and is money better spent in her opinion too.

However they watch for discounts & coupons and often do a day at Sesame for the "little kids" then a day a Great Adventure for the "big kids" and a week at Disney for everyone! :mickey: