PDA

View Full Version : Disney Vero Beach

pox24
06-01-2009, 11:09 AM
My wife and I spent the week end at Vero Beach. Just an hour north of us, this place is great. For not being an on site hotel, it feels more like one than the HHI location. Our beaches here are beautiful but having a private one to yourself all week end was really special. Our studio was on the Atlantic and the morning and evening sea breeze refreshed us. We dined at home Friday before driving up, however we ate at Sonya's on Saturday evening.The filet and salmon were very good. Before we drove home yesterday, we had the "Sunday Brunch". What a variety of food. I paticularly enjoyed the fresh oysters and the Asian beef. Don't miss this. The pool area was very active and the Mojitos were very refreshing. Just above the lobby is the Green Cabin Room. This lovely bar overlooks the ocean and serves a limited menu. Late Saturday night Steph and I ended our day there with cognac and conch fritters! Now that,s a Florida combo. This gave us our Disney fix till September. A great place to unwind, swim, relax and eat well. I would encourage anyone if given the opportunity to stay here. :thumbsup:

Ed
06-01-2009, 03:45 PM
:ditto: x 10!

Without a doubt, my favorite getaway. In fact, we stopped by there a week ago after dinner in Sebastian just to enjoy a :marg: and the scenery on the balcony outside the Green Cabin Room.

Heading there next month for a wedding anniversary stay, and we're really looking forward to it. The last time we were there for an anniversary, the CMs at Sonya's really rolled out the red carpet - - :mickey: confetti on the table, a personalized menu, complimentary champagne and an anniversary cake. Not to mention decorations and an autographed picture of Goofy and Max in our suite.

First class place, hands down. :thumbsup: