PDA

View Full Version : TTA Soft Openings? Maybe?

GhostHost999
06-01-2009, 01:30 AM
Hey Folks,

Was wondering if any of you knew if there was any chance of the TTA being up and running again by July. I know the Disney Website says August so I should not get my hopes up, but it would seem such a shame to go back for the first time in almost ten years and not see it. But, in the end, if push comes to shove, I guess that gives me an excuse to go back again. :mickey:

SBETigg
06-01-2009, 07:04 AM
It's more likely to go long than to be ready early. I wouldn't count on it. Sorry. I really missed it when I went at the end of April.

Daddy Mouse
06-01-2009, 08:24 AM
It's more likely to go long than to be ready early. I wouldn't count on it. Sorry. I really missed it when I went at the end of April.

Have to agree here. We will miss it when we're down there during the first part of Aug.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-01-2009, 08:34 AM
We missed it during our May trip...another reason to go back soon :)

steamboat willy
06-01-2009, 08:50 AM
When is it scheduled to re-open?:mickey:

FenwayGirl
06-01-2009, 11:51 AM
I missed this ride in May also..:(

JPL
06-01-2009, 03:01 PM
I agree I wouldn't be surprised if the TTA was closed for the duration of the SM refurb.

ransam
06-01-2009, 04:30 PM
i know i'm gonna kick my self...
but what is TTA and SM?

I agree I wouldn't be surprised if the TTA was closed for the duration of the SM refurb.

BMan62
06-01-2009, 05:00 PM
i know i'm gonna kick my self...
but what is TTA and SM?

Well, if you don't know what they are, how can you say they'll be down equal durations? ;) Just kidding!!

TTA = Tomorrowland Transit Authority
SM = (in this case) Space Mountain

Although, TTA runs through part of SM, it can functionally be run even though SM is down, but if there is structural work going on inside SM, why would Disney want anyone seeing what is going on 'behind the scenes?'

I fully expect TTA to still be down when we are there in mid-September.

medic9016
06-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Well, if you don't know what they are, how can you say they'll be down equal durations? ;) Just kidding!!

TTA = Tomorrowland Transit Authority
SM = (in this case) Space Mountain

Although, TTA runs through part of SM, it can functionally be run even though SM is down, but if there is structural work going on inside SM, why would Disney want anyone seeing what is going on 'behind the scenes?'

I fully expect TTA to still be down when we are there in mid-September.

I would think they are avoiding someone getting hurt during the construction above the TTA track.

joanna71985
06-01-2009, 07:40 PM
When is it scheduled to re-open?:mickey:

I believe it is said to re-open mid-Aug.

Imagineer1981
06-03-2009, 12:54 PM
Its possible that they could have done any repairs they needed near the TTA track first, but really the TTA track is no where near SM track, so it must just be cosmetic work to the windows or to the tunnel or something in that area. After thats done they can just black out the windows until SM reopens.