PDA

View Full Version : Teens Eating Off Children's Menu

kement1
05-31-2009, 10:01 PM
Hi,

Both my teen girls are light eaters and usually do just fine off the kids menu as long as there some slightly more interesting options than your typical chicken nuggets and grilled cheeses. Based on your experience do you think I will have issues ordering for them off the kids menu because of their age (13 &15)? I have no problem ordering adult entrees for them when they are in the mood for a full dinner but hate having to when they just aren't that hungry and most of it goes to waste.

Thanks!
:mickey:

DisneyFan1979
06-01-2009, 11:41 AM
I don't have personal experience with this, but I happened to be listening to the WDW Today podcast the other day and this question came up. Two of the podcast hosts said that it's no problem - one woman said her teenage girls do all the time and the main host said his wife even orders from the kids menu at TS restaurants from time to time as she's a picky eater.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-01-2009, 12:37 PM
I've tried this, and been told that I wasn't allowed to order from the kids menu, since I wasn't a kid. :(

I'm a rather pickey eater, and there just wasn't anything I wanted/could eat on the adult menu. When I told the server that I wouldn't be eating then, he still wouldn't allow me to order from the kids menu, but we did some changes to an adult meal so I could eat it.

So, I've heard of lots of people who had no issues, but it's not guaranteed.

kakn7294
06-01-2009, 03:33 PM
My DD 14 has ordered from the kids menu with no problems.

It'sWDW4me
06-01-2009, 04:14 PM
Last August we were dining at CRT. My DS (12 at the time) wasn't thrilled with any of the choices on the adult menu. Our server was more than happy to bring out a children's menu. My DS chose the Mahi Mahi and it was brought out in an adult-sized portion and we were charged the adult price for the meal (we were using the DP). He said it was the best meal he'd ever had at the World.

I've heard of others getting adult-sized portions of selections from the children's menues but if you want the child-sized portion and to pay the child price, that may be the problem, unfortunately.