PDA

View Full Version : Hoop De Doo Thoughts?

Toughbug
05-31-2009, 09:04 PM
Okay, we are kicking around where we want to eat on our trip for thanksgiving week. Of course for us we are going to hit our favorites, like the Prime Time Cafe, Mama Melrose's, Chef Mickey's for dinner (if permissable), Kona Cafe, Rainforest Cafe. We are going to upgrade our reservations from room only to a vacation plan and probably add the dining plan. We probably will have an extra table service meal because of our travel plans. We thought that we would use the extra table service meal and combine it with one of the regular table service meals on night and do the Hoop De Doo Review.

And that is my question, what are your opinions about the Hoop de Doo review? I have read some really good reviews. I think we may try this as we have not done this before. It will be my DW, myself, DS (15) and DD (14).

So what are your thoughts about this dinner show? And can you request maybe fries for someone who doesn't eat potatoes or beans?

Thanks for your replies.

:lei::chef:

Toughbug
06-01-2009, 10:18 AM
Bump.

Any comments would be appreciated.

:thumbsup:

tink'72
06-01-2009, 10:38 AM
We tried the Hoop De Doo for the first time this past April and LOVED it!!! It was so much fun. It was me , DH, DD (12) and DS (6) we had the best time!!! The show was a riot and the food was good. It quickly became a must do!

KSS
06-01-2009, 02:19 PM
We LOVED hoop de doo. It was a lot of fun and the kids all loved it too. We had a couple fussy eaters and they were very accommodating and brought some hot dogs and fries. Just make sure and let your server knows asap so they can get what you need.

biodtl
06-01-2009, 02:21 PM
Hoop-de-Doo is definitely worth the money. It's really fun, and all of us, from 5 to almost 50 loved it.

leighe
06-01-2009, 02:56 PM
We go see HDDR every trip just for the show! We don't even like the food! Don't get me wrong - the sides are great, but DH and I both have a thing about meat on a bone and so neither of us eats ribs or fried chicken.

It'sWDW4me
06-01-2009, 04:27 PM
We were there a few years ago with 2-10 yr olds; 2-16 yr olds; and 2-over 35 (ahem! :) ). Everyone loved the show and all but one picky 10 yr old was stuffed to the gills! Unfortunately, I didn't know at the time that it was possible to request something off-menu that he would have liked - that would have pushed him into the "loved it" category, too.

joanna71985
06-01-2009, 05:21 PM
I did HDDR for the first time in July, and loved it! It was a really funny show, and the food was good too. I am going to book it again in the Fall. I can't wait!

minniemoomoo
06-01-2009, 05:33 PM
I just took my DH and my parents for their first visit in May. It was a great show as always, hadn't seen it over 12 years, but the service wa s a little lacking. It took forever to get drink refills, and we were never offered coffee. We did see better service in the other tables. We paid top dollar for the floor front and center. The seats were great, the service wasn't just Disney service to all of us.

estein80
06-01-2009, 09:11 PM
The HDDR is something I did with my parents every time we went to WDW. My DH's family (FL residents) never went, and I had a tough time convincing my DH that we should go. In March, we thought it would be fun as we were traveling with my DH's family. Everyone had a great time (except DH's DS, as she had a husband who bailed with one her kids and put her in a lovely mood for the entire night.:mad:) We all had a great time. I have been at a variety of ages 3 to 28 (teenage years included) and have always had a great time.

Have fun!

aurora, ariel, and bell
06-01-2009, 10:07 PM
Can you request certain area to see the show better? Never been and thinking of taking a 4 and 5 yr. Are they too young?

sainter
06-02-2009, 12:20 AM
Can you request certain area to see the show better? Never been and thinking of taking a 4 and 5 yr. Are they too young?

I think your 4 and 5 year olds will have a blast! They will not get all of the jokes, but silliness and slap stick is funny at all ages!:clown::crazy:
The seating is by Catagories 1 thru 3. Catagorie 1 is the most expensive and front and center of the stage.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-02-2009, 09:31 AM
The food is good but nothing fancy, fried chicken, ribs, salad, beans and strawberry shortcake...the show is cornball, slapstick humor...my 14 year old son laughed so hard that it made it more than worth it to me.....

Nini5055
06-02-2009, 09:53 AM
We had a blast at HDDR!!! I would definitely return again. My dd7 enjoyed the slapstick humor and our table was picked on a few times during the show. :confused::D

The food is barbecue style and basically good. The Sangria was great. We had catagory 2 seating (on the main floor off to the side). Catagory 3 is the balcony...the cast also goes up there and it seems like it would be good viewing as well.

It is my favorite of the dinner shows.:thumbsup:

nicster
06-02-2009, 10:15 AM
We went to HDDR in 2007 & are booking again when we get to 90 days out, we are in our 50's (no kiddies with us) and loved it!... We are planning to book the Luau too, but not sure if that is as good. We have been to Hawaii several times & done luau's there, any comments??

kemps@wdw
06-02-2009, 10:45 PM
Hoop-Dee-Doo is a definite MUST-DO for us on EVERY trip! How much do we like it? If you'll note my signature, we have been to the HDDMR on EVERY trip since 1980. The players have changed, but the show has always stayed the same and has never failed to bring a smile to our faces. Not to mention good food and plenty of it! We have actually had 4 generations of family enjoy this show, and know that our DD will bring her family to see it as well (when she's old enough). So, a resounding YES :yes: for the HHD. If you go, be sure to ask the "Players" to get you "into the show". You'll be glad you did!

BMan62
06-03-2009, 08:31 AM
We have only been to HDD once (2005) with DSIL & DBIL, but are going beck this September, just DW and I.

First time, we were on the main floor, stage left and had a blast.

This time, we will probably try for balcony and hope for a table for two - DW doesn't like eating with people we don't know.

Toughbug
06-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Thanks for all the replies. This helps. I believe that we will be trying this come November.

:mickey::thumbsup:

TheRustyScupper
06-09-2009, 09:50 AM

1) You can buy Cat-1, Cat-2 or Cat-3 areas.
2) You cannot request where you want to sit.
3) Tables are assigned in the order the ressie was made.

4) Better seats ALWAYS cost more - Broadway or HDDR.
5) Regardless of what people say.
6) Repeat, regardless of what people say.
7) Categories
. . . Cat-1, floor level and back to 2/3 of house
. . . Cat-2, back 2/3 of house to rear of room and some balcony
. . . Cat-3, all balcony, 1/2 of table cranks neck, some views blocked by posts

NOTE: HDDR tables in each category are assigned by the date of the ressie. Earlier ressies get the better tables. The exception are tables #044 and #045 which are kept open until show-day for last minute handicapped guests. Table numbers are identified as 044 = floor-level, fourth-row-from-front, fourth-table-from-left.

beksy
06-10-2009, 10:56 AM
We did the show the last time we were there for the first time and loved it! It was just my sister (20) and me (26). We had a table right in the middle in front of the stage and were laughing the entire time. We also loved the food--the strawberry shortcake is delicious! As soon as it was over my sister said we had to do it again on our next trip. Now we are just trying to decide on Cat. 1 or Cat. 2 seating.

twinboyz
06-10-2009, 12:01 PM
:thanks:

Great Post! We've got ressies for August..Can't wait...

Pally
06-10-2009, 03:01 PM
It is definitely a fun show. We had seats on the left side last row. We still could see everything and enjoyed ourselves. My older son at that time(8) was chosen to participate in the show. We received a complementary picture and participation certificate. I do not know how they chose him. We did not ask. Actually, he is quite shy. I was surprised that he agreed to go. He did not hesitate at all. They took good care of him and made it enjoyable and exciting. :mickey: We love seeing the pictures of him participating knowing how shy he usually is and how on that day he shined with no fears. It was a true Disney Moment to see him completely taken up in that moment:magic: .