PDA

View Full Version : Guest Coordinator for Guest with Special Needs

MadMadamMim
05-31-2009, 05:54 PM
Ok, so I posted a while back asking if anyone knew of a job in WDW for someone who wanted to work directly with guests with disabilities, unfortunately there is no such job (I think). My question is do you think it would be helpful for Disney to hire someone to work directly with the families of guests with special needs to help plan their trip. For example, if a guest has an aversion to loud noises, this coordinator would let them know which specific rides to avoid, or if a guest has some other type of aversion or special need that goes beyond a GAC this coordinator would be their personal helper to navigate to parks/resorts to truly make their experience as magical as possible. Does this sound insane or something that would be useful? It's just something I am kicking around, I have my masters degree in special education and am a special education teacher who would love to do some sort of work like this for Disney. Thanks!!!

Strmchsr
05-31-2009, 06:25 PM
I wouldn't look for WDW to create any new positions any time soon, though it certainly sounds like a very useful position to me. However, your ideas would probably be great for a book. There's all sorts of Disney books out there - without kids, with kids, with someone else's kids, with complete strangers - but there's no book WDW for guests with special needs. I bet that would make a great book. I would suggest making that proposal to a publisher. Check the publishers who do travel books and I would be willing to bet one of them would pick it up.

Briansmom
05-31-2009, 08:17 PM
There actually is a book for guests with special needs.....a passporter book called 'Open Mouse' cuz I bought one.
Will this post get zapped? I'm not sure if I'm breaking the rules by posting the name. Sorry if I goofed.... lol! :goofy:

PETE FROM NYC
06-03-2009, 08:44 PM
I'm pretty sure that WDW has a guidebook for guests with disabilities.
Besides I get most of my info right here on INTERCOT.