PDA

View Full Version : January 2010 trip questions?

Matt3223
05-31-2009, 11:34 AM
Hello everyone, I'm considering a Disneyworld trip toward the end of january 2010. Can anyone given me ideas on the crowds, weather, other ideas. Thanks and have a great day.

johnO
05-31-2009, 12:22 PM
Crowds are small during thins time of year. During the end of January and begining of February you'll see lots of cheerleading / dance squads around the parks who are there for their competition. The weather is nice during the day but gets cold at night. The times we've gone in february we've rented a locker and placed our sweaters and jackets in it when we get to the parks, then when it starts to get cold in the evening, we retrieve our warm clothes. It is definetly not a time of the year where many people will be swimming.

Strmchsr
05-31-2009, 12:25 PM
For the weather, check the historic weather conditions page in Info Central. That will give you exact data for your dates over the last 5 years. In summary, it's generally cool, but quite variable on the rainfall.

As for crowds...increasing. Every month that seems to be billed as a "low time" for crowds seems to be getting more and more busy. Still before President's Day it's not bad at all. The only downside to January is there is usually at least 1 major attraction down for refurb.

KevMcNJ
06-02-2009, 10:58 PM
we went in Jan 2008 & Feb 2009

Both were great times to go, but Im planning on January for our next visit.

Just seemed a little less crowded.

Both months have shorter lines but January was real short

They close earlier, but beleive me, if youve been on all the E Ticket rides twice before 2pm, you really dont care if they close @ 8pm

Just leaves more time for drinks at the pool