PDA

View Full Version : Ok This really annoyed me!

JPL
05-30-2009, 09:58 PM
I was planning my trip for December and used the online request form. I got my reply this morning and they told me nothing was available at AKL in either section and tried to steer me towards OKW or SSR. I called not 10 minutes after I received the e-mail and asked about availabitlity at AKL for the same exacts and the same exact accomadation category and they had exactly what I wanted :confused: My brother had mentioned about them doing something similar to him for his May trip. They really need real time bookings online. This fill out a form and wait for an answer when you don't have time is a pain and apparently they use it to steer you to the less popular resorts and not really where you want to stay. I find it hard to believe that someone cancelled and it was back in the system exactly when I called.

dolphinmickey9170
05-30-2009, 11:28 PM
I had the same issue a couple of weeks ago....called and "BAM" I got exactly what I wanted in December! What's up with that?:confused:

JPL
05-30-2009, 11:38 PM
I definately think they are trying to filter people to SSR and OKW since they are not very popular and they hoping most members will accept it and not call and just take one of those 2 resorts.

VWL Mom
05-31-2009, 08:58 AM
I think you may be right but I hope not.

wendy*darling
05-31-2009, 12:28 PM
Jeff- It sounds like you need to write a letter... and anyone else who has had this experience.

JPL
05-31-2009, 07:42 PM
I don't think it's worth writing a letter I am sure I will get the same "bookings change every second" response the agent on the phone :rolleyes:

Aurora
06-01-2009, 02:37 PM
I definitely think it's worth writing a letter because at best it's extraordinarily inefficient and at worst it's fraud. DVC members pay a premium expecting the company will do its best to meet member needs for certain accommodations, and if they're available but not offered based solely on the mode of reservation, it's unethical IMHO.

Ed
06-01-2009, 03:37 PM
From personal experience and from what I hear from my "inside sources", I no longer try to do ANYTHING related to WDW online. To say that they seem to have major system issues is an understatement. I handle everything either by phone or in person (since I have the luxury of being nearby), where I can deal with a living human being.

Try as they may, until they do a major, MAJOR systems upgrade, the situation is only going to get worse.

Simba's Mom
06-02-2009, 05:46 PM
From personal experience and from what I hear from my "inside sources", I no longer try to do ANYTHING related to WDW online. To say that they seem to have major system issues is an understatement. I handle everything either by phone or in person (since I have the luxury of being nearby), where I can deal with a living human being.

Try as they may, until they do a major, MAJOR systems upgrade, the situation is only going to get worse.

:thumbsup:ITA! Unfortunately, we've experienced DVC's "less than stellar" computer system first hand.

JPL
06-02-2009, 08:32 PM
You know I could understnad if this was some sort of brand new state of the art expensive technology or something but really I can book Motel 6 in real time online and not my DVC Resort. There is no reason we shouldn't be able to see what's available at the time we want to book online. This send in a form and wait 24 hours for a response in unacceptable.

And if you really want me to stay at OKW or SSR because you are having trouble filling those resorts offer me an incentive to stay there.

Ian
06-03-2009, 07:31 PM

Try as they may, until they do a major, MAJOR systems upgrade, the situation is only going to get worse.Amen, Ed.

You know I could understnad if this was some sort of brand new state of the art expensive technology or something but really I can book Motel 6 in real time online and not my DVC Resort. There is no reason we shouldn't be able to see what's available at the time we want to book online. This send in a form and wait 24 hours for a response in unacceptable.

And if you really want me to stay at OKW or SSR because you are having trouble filling those resorts offer me an incentive to stay there.See that's the issue I have with it.

They seriously must have the worst IT department on the planet to still be dealing with these issues. The only possible explanation for the technology issues they have is that the guy running the group doesn't want to lose his job if they replace all this aging, custom technology with simple, functional, off-the-shelf platforms that are readily available for very reasonable prices.

rsumrall
06-04-2009, 09:31 AM
I can only imagine how screwed up dining reservations will be when they go online in a few months. Disney seems to have the worst IT people in the industry. I thought Iger wanted technological excellence?