PDA

View Full Version : How far a walk from Boardwalk to world showcase?

LiloLovesTheKing26
05-30-2009, 11:45 AM
We are considering Boardwalk for our next stay and were wondering how far the walk really is from Boardwalk to the World Showcase enterance??

TammiMcMan
05-30-2009, 11:53 AM
From the Boardwalk entrance, it's about 10 minutes at a standard pace. You go to the right, walk over the bridge, turn right again and once through the Int'l Gateway, you'll find yourself between France and the UK.

You're just about equi-distant to the entrance of MGM as well.

DestinationWDW
05-30-2009, 12:31 PM
It is only a short walk - quicker than the boat! We just returned yesterday! We really enjoyed the easy access with the Flower and Garden Festival going on! It was WONDERFUL to simply take that short walk and not load onto a crowded bus of tired people! :mickey:

LiloLovesTheKing26
05-30-2009, 07:01 PM
thanks for the info!! I love the flower and garden festival too!

CleveRocks
05-31-2009, 08:28 AM
As a frame of reference, from the center of the BoardWalk to the World Showcase entrance is a third of a mile.

A "normal" casual (not rushing) walking pace is 2 miles per hour, so one-third of one mile should be a 10 minute walk at that pace. It would be 6 or 7 minutes at a more brisk pace of 3 MPH.

jakeybake
05-31-2009, 10:06 AM
It's a really quick, easy walk. Very relaxing and enjoyable.

I love nothing more than walking down the walkway to the International Gateway entrance and hearing the entrance music playing. That's as good a feeling as there is for me.

Jay

jcvalenti
05-31-2009, 10:22 AM
If that 10 minute leisurely stroll is too much, you can stop off for a beer at ESPN Sportszone like I usually do :)