PDA

View Full Version : How often does the boat cross World showcase lagoon?

deedeebee
05-30-2009, 11:30 AM
We have old folks with us and we will be eating in Japan and they go a bit slower than we are used to. We think the boats will be better for them and I can't find a schedule any where.:mickey:

Strmchsr
05-30-2009, 12:24 PM
There's not a set schedule. They run continuously back and forth. Not real fast but definitely a comfortable way to get across the lagoon.

JERSEYDISFAN
05-30-2009, 12:29 PM
If memory serves, on average, the loading and travel across the lake takes approximately 15-20 minutes. If the park is crowded and they can't load everyone waiting in line on the boat at the dock, you may have to wait for the next boat, making your travel time considerably longer. It also depends on whether they are operating two boats on each loop. If they are only operating one boat per loop you can double the wait and travel time even more if you have just missed a departing boat.

And, I definitely agree with Strmchsr, they are a comfortable, relaxing way to get to the back of WS. Especially on a hot, sunny day!

seanyred
05-30-2009, 12:35 PM
I agree with the 15-20min it takes to cross the lagoon. Which is also about the same time it takes to walk. So might as well take the ride and relax. Also another thing to consider is that I believe they shut the water taxi's down during the preparation for illumination. (I could be wrong though).

joelkfla
05-31-2009, 09:22 AM
I have not seen 2 boats on each loop for a long, long time.

But last week just one boat was running on the entire lagoon, stopping at Mexico, Morocco, and Germany (the Canada dock was closed.) They did this to cut costs after 9/11; looks like they're up to it again.

Expect waits up to 30 mins. when just one boat is running.

Strmchsr
05-31-2009, 09:25 AM
But last week just one boat was running on the entire lagoon, stopping at Mexico, Morocco, and Germany (the Canada dock was closed.)

Maybe that was just a bad day or one of the boats was in for repairs. When we were there the first week of May both boats were running as usual.

joelkfla
05-31-2009, 09:29 AM
Maybe that was just a bad day or one of the boats was in for repairs. When we were there the first week of May both boats were running as usual.
Could be ... I did notice a FriendShip in the drydock area while I was driving the Epcot backstage shuttle bus earlier in the week.

DANAM
06-04-2009, 03:31 PM
It was at least 15 to 20 min. I remember thinking we could have walked faster. But it is a nice relaxing ride. If your not in a hurry I would suggested it.