PDA

View Full Version : Who Has Been to Cape Cod?

merlinmagic4
05-30-2009, 11:15 AM
As traffic in my little town increases, I am wondering how many Intercot people have had the chance to visit Cape Cod? Where did you go? What did you like or not like? Just curious......:D

jrkcr
05-30-2009, 11:54 AM
I haven't been YET, but we're moving to the Albany NY area this summer, so it's just a 4 hour drive to Cape Cod!
I can't wait to visit-it looks so beautiful there! I'm hoping to rent one of the light keepers cottages at a lighthouse there(I like lighthouses).
I've never been to the NE, and there is so much to see and do! :yay:

Lori Anne
05-30-2009, 12:04 PM
I live on the Cape! In Osterville, to be exact! :) anything you wanna know?

SBETigg
05-30-2009, 01:07 PM
I love Provincetown. I like the galleries and Cafe Blase (though I heard it closed and has new owners) and the beaches. I don't love the traffic going to the Cape, so we haven't been in years and now we prefer the coast of Maine in the Wells/Ogunquit area.

RedSoxFan
05-30-2009, 02:24 PM
We used to go to the Cape in the summer to visit my aunt/uncle who live in Falmouth. I love it there. But it's been 12 years since our last visit.

Hull-onian
05-30-2009, 07:11 PM
Well, we live in Hull, and go to the Cape often. Our dentist is in Falmouth. He's great. It is a 65 mile trip one way for us, but he is well worth it. Then we like to have dinner at K.K. Codders on Rte. 28 in Falmouth. It's very good. Then we like to go to Cape Cod Bagel on the corner of Jones' Road and Rte. 28. They have the best bagels. Then we stay at Centerville Corners Inn and go to Craigsville Beach. We've been going for years. We love to go to Four Seas for ice cream. Then we stay in Dennisport. It is such a beautiful spot. After that, we go to Provenicetown and spend time there too. That is some of what we do when we go to Cape Cod.:cloud9:

merlinmagic4
05-31-2009, 01:15 PM
Well, we live in Hull, and go to the Cape often. Our dentist is in Falmouth. He's great. It is a 65 mile trip one way for us, but he is well worth it. Then we like to have dinner at K.K. Codders on Rte. 28 in Falmouth. It's very good. Then we like to go to Cape Cod Bagel on the corner of Jones' Road and Rte. 28. They have the best bagels. Then we stay at Centerville Corners Inn and go to Craigsville Beach. We've been going for years. We love to go to Four Seas for ice cream. Then we stay in Dennisport. It is such a beautiful spot. After that, we go to Provenicetown and spend time there too. That is some of what we do when we go to Cape Cod.:cloud9:

I live in Falmouth and haven't eaten at KK Codders yet! I live right around the corner, too. I'll have to try it this year :thumbsup: I also haven't been to CC Bagel in years......it's amazing what you miss when you live here.

MNNHFLTX
05-31-2009, 03:17 PM
Haven't been to the Cape in years, but enjoyed visiting when we lived in NH. Much preferred the off-season though, when the traffic wasn't so bad. One day each fall we would take a couple of days off of work during the week so that we meander along the roads and hit the occasional antique place that was still open. Of course, many of the tourist-driven businesses were closed, but the scenery was lovely and the beaches all but deserted. As far as favorite towns, I would have to say that Chatham comes to mind, it was a beautiful area. I remember there was a restaurant called the Squire that we used to eat at. Is it still there?

MomTo3Tiggers
06-01-2009, 11:16 AM
We alternate between WDW and the Cape for vacations now. At the Cape we've slowly moved farther out as the kids got older until now we stay in Orleans (after staying in Harwich/Chatham for years). The waves at the National Seashore are great for two of them, and the third child is happy digging earthworks.

The one thing about the Cape that they've never entirely adjusted to is the water temperature. When we go to WDW this year, we're thinking about taking a day and driving to the beach just so they can see that ocean water isn't always cold! Chances are we'll just end up staying on property though because there's so much to do - but who knows!

ChipDale2708
06-01-2009, 02:15 PM
Cape Cod is my 'home-away-from home'! Being in CT we go often every summer. We stay in Harwichport typically; the Bank Street area. I have rented houses in Chatham as well. The area has changed a lot over the years; remember Thompson's Clam Bar? There is still enough the same so we keep going back. The best salt water taffy is the candy shop on Main Street in Chatham and our favorite fudge is at the Stage Coach Candy Shop in Dennisport. I'm ready to go now! :)