PDA

View Full Version : Resort Dining around Cresent Lake District

Jeffybob
05-30-2009, 11:04 AM
Our party of five adults will be staying overnight at the Boardwalk Villas, prior to our cruise in September.

Although we have stayed numerous times at the Boardwalk, we have never eaten at any of the resturants in the Boardwalk/Lake areas. I'm hoping to get some feedback on eating establishments around the lake.

We are not looking to venture into the parks or leave the Boardwalk/Cresent Lake area since we'll have been traveling from the west coast. I would also like to keep it casual.

There are a number of choices at the various resorts around the lake and would appreciate any and all thoughts on where to eat.

Cape May Café (BCL)
Big River Grille and Brewing Works (BWR)
Flying Fish Café (BWR)
Spoodles (BWR)
Yacht Club Galley (YCR)
Yachtsman Steakhouse (YCR)
Shula's Steak House (Dolphin)
Il Mulino New York (Swan)

All thoughts are appreciated. :mickey:

-Jeffybob (Boardwalk DVC Member since '98)

2009 - BWV (2), DCL - Eastern Caribbean
2008 - BWV (2)
2007 - BWV
2006 - DLR (2), SSR, BWV, DCL - Western Caribbean
2005 - HH, BWV (2)
2003 - BWV
2002 - BWV, Disneyland Paris
2001 - BWV, DLC - Bahamas
2000 - BWV
1999 - BWV, HH, VB
1998 - BWV, Swan

cinderellagrl
05-30-2009, 05:44 PM
We have tried many of these places over the last few trips, as we discovered the JOY of staying in the EPCOT area....
Cape May Cafe is usually a "must-DO" for our family. We love the clams, shrimp, fresh fish selections, and the carved beef. There are plenty of options for those that do not enjoy seafood!

We visited Spoodles last summer and found it to be a good "last resort," meaning that even during July 4th weekend we were able to walk-up and get in! My family held mixed reviews of this venue. Everything was good, but nothing "special".

Shula's Steakhouse is SPECTACULAR. The meal is served A la carte and can get rather pricey. We all loved our steak selections, although none of us were brave enough to try the 48 ounce of which if you can finish you get your name on the wall!

Just last week we had breakfast everyday and lunch a couple days at the Yacht Club Galley. Although the atmosphere isn't the best, they have a wonderful breakfast buffet with fabulous amounts of fresh fruit, all sorts of pastries, mini-mickey waffles, eggs benedict, sausage, bacon, and other yummy items! Lunch was also very good there. I would recommend the tomato mozzarella sandwich of which came pilled with fresh mozzarella!

On this last trip we also tried the Yachtsman's Steakhouse, which was another hit! We all ordered steak, and while this was still pricey we found the value to be much better than Shula's, the castmembers more attentive, and the atmosphere more cheery and family friendly. I had the filet, which was cooked perfectly!

Another option which you do not have on your list, but my family found wonderful was Todd English's Blue Zoo. This seafood experience was perfect from start to finish! For the of age, their signature cocktail is WONDERFUL, a must try! Everyones entree was unique and the staff were more than happy to explain/ show everything to us!

enjoy your trip, we LOVE this area and all it has to offer!

oh one more, for a more casual dinning experience you may want to try Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club. It is a 50's style diner type of restaurant that serve burgers, shakes, and delicious fries!

SBETigg
05-30-2009, 06:01 PM
Flying Fish Cafe is wonderful. I love it. Great food, attentive and friendly service. I would go back, really enjoyed it.

Mickey052501
05-30-2009, 09:48 PM
I defintely recommend Spoodles it is a beautifyl place and the food is terrefic!!!

chrim
05-31-2009, 01:12 AM
Just a quick comment on restaurant changes:

Spoodles (BWR) is being renovated and reopened as "Cuzina" (sp?) and will feature a more Greek-inspired menu. I think the renovations start in August; there will be periods of limited or no service. I'm not sure when this venue will open with the new theme and menu.

Yacht Club Galley (YCR) has been renamed the Captain's Grill. On a recent visit, the Cast Members went out of their way to correct me regarding the new name. But, I'm not sure that much, other than the name and some menu items, has changed. This is still one of the most casual, table service restaurants in the area.

spoiledraf
05-31-2009, 06:45 AM
Another not mentioned, ESPN Club, casual as you get, and will be our first stop a week from tomorrow. Typical sports bar offerings, but in my opinion Much larger and tastier portions. And often live radio broadcasts are in progress with audience participation. Right next to the Boardwalk.

My favorites, BBQ wings (huge) and the half pound Home Run Hot Dog!

Have Fun!

Daddy Mouse
05-31-2009, 06:40 PM
Cape May Café (BCL)
Big River Grille and Brewing Works (BWR)
Flying Fish Café (BWR)
Spoodles (BWR)
Yacht Club Galley (YCR)
Yachtsman Steakhouse (YCR)
Shula's Steak House (Dolphin)
Il Mulino New York (Swan)

So many choices, so little time.

MY three choices are Flying Fish, Yachtsman Steakhouse, and Shula's Steak House.

FF is based on In-laws reflections
Yachtsman has had a good reputation for a long time.
Shula's is atmosphere. If the steak is done properly you an cut it with a fork.