PDA

View Full Version : Illuminations or Wishes?

Soccermom12
05-30-2009, 09:30 AM
We have young children and want to get them to bed early most nights on our vacation. We wanted to "stay up late" one night to see fireworks. Which is better....MK Wishes or Epcot's Illuminations? (we saw Fantasmic last time we were there....it really frightened my son, who was three at the time, so we didn't want to bring our DD2 to it this time).

PrettyMinnie
05-30-2009, 09:39 AM
I would say Wishes just because it is my favorite. :minnie: If you have small children they will really like Tinkerbell "flying across the night sky." Good luck!

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-30-2009, 09:41 AM
This is a tough one!

Illuminations is probably the better fireworks show, but I personally LOVE Wishes. There is just something about fireworks over the castle that is really neat. Wishes makes me cry everytime too!

I would take the kids to see Wishes, they aren't old enough to "get the message" in Illuminations, and they will love seeing fireworks in MK.

GrmGrninGost
05-30-2009, 10:19 AM
No doubt in my mind that Wishes is the best! :mickey: There is NOTHING as magical as standing in the middle of Main Street U.S.A. and watching fireworks over Cinderella castle! It just doesn't get any better!

g8rgirl29
05-30-2009, 10:26 AM
With small children I would definitely choose Spectromagic and Wishes!!

Pagan
05-30-2009, 10:27 AM
Wishes, hands down. I love Illuminations, but after seeing it for many years, I like the freshness of Wishes.

deedeebee
05-30-2009, 10:29 AM
WISHES! My kids love it, they have loved it since they were small.:fworks: Watching it over the castle is the best.:thumbsup:

Disneyfun
05-30-2009, 11:00 AM
Normally I would say Illuminations, but since your other child got a bit frightened at Fantasmic, I don't think that your little one would enjoy the close proximity of the Illuminations fireworks nor the huge fireballs - although, I think that they are too cool!

Wishes would be your best bet. I would recommend watching from the walkway from the hub (where the statue of Walt and Mickey is at) going into Tomorrowland. This location will give your young ones the best spot to view Tinkerbell from!

Have fun!

last real pirate
05-30-2009, 01:12 PM
i would have to say illuminations for me but definitly wishes for kids. i love the fire but that might be frightning for small children. also the special wishes show that they have during mickey's very merry christmas party is really neat to if you ever get the chance to check that out.:fworks:

disneymom2000
05-30-2009, 01:26 PM
I agree with Last Real Pirate. Illuminations is my favorite, but for a child I would say Wishes is better for them. You may have to find something to entertain them if you find a good seat early and want to keep it.

princessimagineer
05-30-2009, 02:47 PM
gotta love illuminations, but if your only choosing one and taking kids, its wishes all the way. everything about it is disney at its greatest. while illuminations is amazing, it doesnt have the kid-friendly story wishes holds

KatrinaJ91
05-30-2009, 02:49 PM
Wishes....Wishes....Wishes

:tink:

EvilQueen2006
05-30-2009, 03:55 PM
I agree. Illuminations is awesome, but can get a little boring for kids at times. You should see wishes on a night when spectromagic is going on too. Spectro is my all time fav nightine show at Disney. Definately a good show for kids of all ages!

Soccermom12
05-30-2009, 04:58 PM
Thanks to all....wishes it will be!:mickey:

Daddy Mouse
05-30-2009, 09:43 PM
Normally I would say Illuminations, but since your other child got a bit frightened at Fantasmic, I don't think that your little one would enjoy the close proximity of the Illuminations fireworks nor the huge fireballs - although, I think that they are too cool!

Wishes would be your best bet. I would recommend watching from the walkway from the hub (where the statue of Walt and Mickey is at) going into Tomorrowland. This location will give your young ones the best spot to view Tinkerbell from!

Have fun!

I have to agree with this one. My kids loved seeing Tinkerbell.

spoiledraf
05-30-2009, 10:08 PM
Wishes. Never got into Illuminations. never even saw it last trip and we stayed right next to it.

Lakin
05-30-2009, 11:16 PM
We have young children and want to get them to bed early most nights on our vacation. We wanted to "stay up late" one night to see fireworks. Which is better....MK Wishes or Epcot's Illuminations? (we saw Fantasmic last time we were there....it really frightened my son, who was three at the time, so we didn't want to bring our DD2 to it this time).

Illuminations most definitely! Your kids won't have to be ducking everyone around the castle just to try to see the fireworks/tinkerbell. Around the lagoon, there is lots of room so it's pretty difficult to get a bad spot.

tjstrike
05-31-2009, 02:40 AM
I'm with everyone else, Illuminations, IMO, is the best show but you have to see the whole " save the earth, world peace" story to it to really be WOWED by it !!

Minnie97
05-31-2009, 08:44 AM
I have to say Wishes. I think it's cool how the castle changes during the fireworks.:mickey:

jcvalenti
05-31-2009, 10:35 AM
Both of my DSs really enjoyed Illuminations, whereas the crowds during Wishes bugged them. Illuminations was great for the lasers, and the music ... by the second time he saw it, my older son (5 at the time) was choreographic the whole show. It was fun !

Either way, you can't go wrong.

MidnTPK
06-01-2009, 10:54 AM
With small children I would definitely choose Spectromagic and Wishes!!

You should see wishes on a night when spectromagic is going on too. Spectro is my all time fav nightine show at Disney. Definately a good show for kids of all ages!
Personally, I think Illuminations is a better show, but doing the double whammy of Wishes and Spectromagic with kids makes it an easy decision.

brownie
06-01-2009, 11:40 AM
My personal preference would be Illuminations but I think the combination of Wishes and Spectromagic would be a winner. I like Illuminations better, but Spectromagic is a great parade.

Bellerella
06-01-2009, 12:11 PM
Illuminations is definetily the best fireworks show! However, Wishes might be more fun for young children. There is just something special about Illuminations though- when you are standing around World Showcase lagoon, with people from all over the world, watching a show about exactly that- it's awesome!!

cer
06-01-2009, 12:45 PM
With my kids, and for myself, I'd say Wishes...

TexansInNY
06-01-2009, 06:06 PM
and it all starts with a wish..

BluewaterBrad
06-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Thats tough!! I would have to flip a coin!!:mickey:

crltkcagle
06-05-2009, 04:37 PM
i agree

Wishes....Wishes....Wishes

:tink: