PDA

View Full Version : Door decorations?

TikiGoddess
05-30-2009, 08:29 AM
We'll be staying at the WL (Concierge) and AKL on our next trip. I was thinking of putting some small decorations on our door so that the girls would be able to find it easily as we walk down the hall. Are the doors metal? Can we stick magnets to them? Do the hotels allow decorations on doors?

Kathy

Celestria
05-30-2009, 09:14 AM
ooo that's a difficult question... if i remember correctly, the doors aren't metal. i've never seen a decoration on any door. BUT if there is a window by the door try putting something up there, like in between the shades and the window. i've never stayed at those hotels so i can't help you much.

DizneyRox
05-30-2009, 09:40 AM
No, there are no windows looking into the hallways at WL or AKL. I'm going to guess that this practice would be frowned upon. It could pose some sort of fire hazzard and then the whole theft issue that the hotel would probably not want to deal with.

But, at AKL, the doors have shields on them, and it may be possible to hang something over then with a string or something. At WL, I don't recall.

g8rgirl29
05-30-2009, 10:30 AM
Maybe they could decorate some foam doorknob hangers (like the do not disturb ones) and each child could take a turn hanging theirs on the door.

jerrywilborn
06-04-2009, 01:01 PM
You might be able to get away with using a wreath hanger. A foam wreath from your favorite craft store plus some hot glue ... sounds like fun.

buzznwoodysmom
06-04-2009, 08:54 PM
We stayed at WL the week before Christmas, leaving on Dec. 23, one year. We hung a wreath on our door. I don't remember if we used a wreath hanger or a suction cup to hold it, but no one told us anything about it. We also had a small Christmas tree, stockings and decorations throughout our room and on our balcony sliding doors. It was so much fun!

SFD998
06-04-2009, 09:19 PM
I have stayed at WL and honestly don't remember what the doors are made of, but I too was going to suggest a wreath hanger.