PDA

View Full Version : Space Mountain

Kaps
05-29-2009, 09:11 PM
Anyone think Space Mountain could be open, even for soft runs begining of Sept???? This is my kids favorite ride and they were realy disappointed about it being closed. Just wishful thinking :cloud9:

joanna71985
05-29-2009, 09:22 PM
Anyone think Space Mountain could be open, even for soft runs begining of Sept???? This is my kids favorite ride and they were realy disappointed about it being closed. Just wishful thinking :cloud9:

Unfortunately I highly doubt it. As SM is due to be closed until Nov 21, any soft openings would be in Nov.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-29-2009, 10:02 PM
Gives you a reason to start planning another trip!

dmosher
05-29-2009, 10:10 PM
All the current signs are no. Soft Openings probably wont be seen till well into Oct if not later. Though the updates aren't huge, the changes that are being made are great enough to warrant a long closed time. Sadly, it will (fairly sure) be closed past your trip.

:pipes:
D

RBrooksC
05-30-2009, 08:57 AM
To be honest, with the nature of refurbs, I wouldn't be surprised if it goes longer than November.

disneymom2000
05-30-2009, 01:31 PM
You know - my favorite ride at WDW is SOARin and I usually ride it 5-6 times a visit. If it went down for refurb during the time my vacation was suppose to be, I think I would just have to cancel and book another time. I know that isn't an option for a lot of people, but that is something I specifically look forward to and just would ruin what would have been an excellent vacation.

Skippy
05-30-2009, 03:48 PM
I too will be there in September.
With SM down, is the TTA still going through like normal? Will I finally (after 30 years of visiting WDW) get to see Space Mountain with the lights on?

dmosher
05-30-2009, 06:03 PM
With SM down, is the TTA still going through like normal? Will I finally (after 30 years of visiting WDW) get to see Space Mountain with the lights on?

Don't quote me on this, but I know we will be there in late Sept and TTA will (dated at present) be open, however, I am guessing they will have SM viewing area blocked off in some fashion. it would be cool if they had it open or made it into a display of the ride track as a "transporter of the future" or something, but form past experience this is not likely. Most likely they viewing area will be replaced with something else entirely until the work is done. Disney does not like showing off workers as they are actually working. Sorry.
:pipes:
D

joanna71985
05-30-2009, 06:56 PM
I too will be there in September.

Currently TTA is down as well, and is due to reopen mid-Aug. However, most likely the section of SM will be covered (so nothing can be seen of it) if TTA does reopen in Aug.

JPL
05-30-2009, 10:05 PM
I am going to bet that this refurb is going to be running behind schedule. Since according to some sources they first need to survey exactly how much track needs to replaced and this could change the time frame and extent of the refurb being done.

Kathy Jetson
05-31-2009, 12:40 AM
I'm so sad:pout: this will be the first year ds would be able to ride sm. Now he will have to wait till Oct. 2010

Daddy Mouse
05-31-2009, 04:51 PM
I can wait for SM to be refurbed. It is a staple but the ride is rather tame and in need of some Disney type steroids. I will miss TTA though it was a relaxing break for us.