PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Do Your First Night At Disney?

steamboat willy
05-29-2009, 06:55 PM
After checking into our Disney Resort get a :beer: after our 10 hour drive, we catch our resort bus to Magic Kingdom :bus:, Jump on the Hotel Monorail and take that FIRST Ride around the Seven Seas Lagoon. You know you have arrived when you hear the clang clang clang on the :train: Disney Steam Train bell and hear the whoooo whoooo played on the steam whistle but you know you are there when the monorail speaker says, Welcome aboard, NEXT STOP..........The Contemporary Hotel.
What do you do when you first arrive on our first night in the World? :cool:

Dulcee
05-29-2009, 07:08 PM
Historically when I went with my family we'd stay in Orlando the night before checking in (after a 24 hour drive) so we'd head to the parks first thing the next morning. We'd then head to MK and the first ride is always Small World followed by Peter Pan.

An Unbreakable tradition :)

medic9016
05-29-2009, 07:30 PM
Head to MK.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-29-2009, 08:01 PM
We head to MK and get something to eat at Casey's!

Kaps
05-29-2009, 08:17 PM
Spend time at the resort and then head to the magic kindom for the fireworks show:number1:

motherof4
05-29-2009, 08:43 PM
we usually go to dtd because we always land to late in the day and we feel like we are wasting a pass to the parks. so this year we are going to t rex around 9 pm because we are landing at 5. I can't wail to try trex it sounds like it will be alot of fun

RedSoxFan
05-29-2009, 09:54 PM
On our past trip, we arrived on a Friday night and headed straight to MK and rode Thunder Mtn. It was also the last ride we rode before going home. It is DH's favorite ride.

Kathy Jetson
05-29-2009, 10:53 PM
We unpack and go to the pool and the gift shop. Then we will go ride the monorail.

Sunshine1010
05-29-2009, 11:53 PM
We unpack. Eat at the resort. Check out the resort. Get stuff ready for the next day. Walk around the resort, and go to bed early. We've never gone to a park the first day. To us, the first day is ALL about the traveling, settling in, etc.

Dsnygirl
05-30-2009, 01:24 AM
Well, we usually arrive in the morning, so after checking in, we head straight to MK and ride PoC. :pirate:

But, this next trip, we're arriving at 7pm, so we're trying something different... checking in, letting my DH and the girls head to the pool @ CBR while I unpack a bit, then I'll meet them there and join my DH for a drink. Perfect!! Then it'll be back to the room for showers and bed so we can hit MK first thing in the morning!! :thumbsup:

Hull-onian
06-05-2009, 01:21 PM
By the time we arrive and check in at 4:00 p.m. we get cleaned up and go to our ADR. We usually go to RFC in DTD. However, this time, we went to Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club. It was so worth it over there. Then we walked the boardwalk and there was some entertainment. Then we took a taxi back to our resort, and go ready to go to DHS the next day.:mickey:

RAIDER
06-08-2009, 07:42 AM
Normally head to DTD and relax and get the disney atmosphere before we go mad for the weeks ahead :thumbsup:

yjgirl32
06-08-2009, 08:20 AM
Last time we had adr's for MIckey's Bckyard BBQ- (we got into Orlando around 4), but this time we are getting there around 11 so we are heading to the resort- unpacking a bit and then heading to MK. It will be my in-law's 1st trip to Disney!!!

Jeniflower
06-08-2009, 08:23 AM
:sleepin:
nine hour flight then the bus from the airport usually means its too late to go anywhere, but if i could would head straight for MK

AllDisney
06-10-2009, 07:09 PM
We usually arrive around or before noon. We check into the hotel & head over to MGM to make sure we see Fantasmic. It's a must on the first & last day.:cloud9:

mixelate
06-11-2009, 10:52 AM
After we check in, we usually unpack and wander around the resort. We usually arrive in the afternoon so after supper we usually head to dtd! First park is always MK, and first ride is the haunted mansion :)

slegrant
06-11-2009, 11:45 AM
We check into Fort Wilderness, explore the resort for a while then take a boat over to the Contemporary, grab something to eat then ride the monorail. That's when we know we have arrived.:mickey:

DizNee143
06-11-2009, 12:36 PM
usually..check-in..hang around the resort for alittle while..and then go to downtown disney..:mickey:

fupresti
06-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Coming from Arizona our flights generally get in after 6:00 PM. We check in and head to Downtown Disney to see what souvenirs we will likely buy and catch a bite to eat.

BMan62
06-11-2009, 02:06 PM
SLEEP!!

We leave the house at 4:30am for a flight out of Baltimore (BWI) at 7am, which means we are "up and at 'em" around 3am. We arrive in Orlando (MCO) around 9:15am and are whisked away by a Magical Express to the wonderful world of Walt Disney World! Check in by 10am and off to the parks for a full day of being a kid again! By the time we return, after Wishes, Illuminations or Fantasmic!, we are quite ready for a soak and a bed! (It'll have to be Illuminations this trip, as MK has MNSSHP and DHS doesn't have a Fantasmic! showing our first night in this year!!)

Disney Doll
06-11-2009, 02:32 PM
We usually head to EPCOT and see Illuminations. EPCOT is my favorite park.

mouseketeer mom
06-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Love that first day. That experience of looking around and saying to yourself.."I can't believe I'm here!"..We usually arrive in the afternoon. We check in, walk around the resort and get a snack in the lounge, then its pool time until Ohana's, our traditional first night dinner. After that its a monorail ride to the MK for our first walk down Main Street USA. There I get my kids picture, the three of them holding hands walking towards the castle, so the picture is of the back of them. We ride on POTC first, (our ride! ;)...whatever else we can squeeze in before we head back to the Poly on the water launch to watch Wishes and the Electrical water parade from the patio. :mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
06-11-2009, 09:29 PM
We'd then head to MK and the first ride is always Small World followed by Peter Pan.

An Unbreakable tradition :)
Same here--only sometimes reversed! :high5:
It's almost impossible not to dash to MK first. If we get in just too late to make it, head to O'Hana's!

elmjimmlm
06-11-2009, 11:03 PM
We go to whatever park has late night and stay till its over...

kemps@wdw
06-14-2009, 12:04 AM
Our 1st night is spent @ DTD. We stay in that area and spend the evening eating and doing a little pin trading and shopping. The next AM, we head over to our resort, (early) pre-register, check our luggage, and it's off to MK for the morning.

LudwigVonDrake
06-14-2009, 04:38 AM
I usually go to the park that has EMH :wave:

steamboat willy
06-16-2009, 01:54 PM
We check into Fort Wilderness, explore the resort for a while then take a boat over to the Contemporary, grab something to eat then ride the monorail. That's when we know we have arrived.:mickey:

Now that's a great way to start your DISNEY Day. I remember those boat rides!:sail:
:cool:

grumpyguy
06-16-2009, 02:51 PM
first day/night??
definetly mk,pp first attraction and definely wishes at night,all must do's!!:cloud9:

Disney Yankee
06-22-2009, 09:51 PM
We head to MK and get something to eat at Casey's!

OMG That is exactly what we do.:cloud9:It just feels as though we have arrived when we have some mini corn dogs at Casey's Corner!:mickey:

maxrebo77
06-24-2009, 09:21 PM
After a cool beverage at the resort pool bar, I go outside and take the first bus. I then tour about by bus, boat or monorail until I end up at Narcoosee, my favorite place to watch Wishes or Hallowishes. Then most likely a trip to DD. Since there is no more AC, probably a visit to Raglan Road. Then back to resort to unpack and make a date with Mickey for a wake-up call in the morning.

Bamf1000
06-29-2009, 11:43 PM
We usually catch a later flight and get to our resort around 4:00 anyway so we figure there really is no point in buying park tickets that day so we just swim or go to Downtown Disney :D

2Epcot
06-29-2009, 11:57 PM
Coming from the West it is usually afternoon or evening by the time we get to the resort. After checking in, usually it is a trip to the food court or a restaurant at the resort for a bite, maybe a little bit of walking around the resort before heading to bed. We want to be ready to hit the parks early the next morning.

kemps@wdw
07-05-2009, 11:11 PM
After a 14 hr drive, our 1st night is spent @ DTD. Doin a little shopping, :shop: strollling, :walk: snacking, :eat: and resting up for the next AM :sleepin: when we check in EARLY @ our resort, and head over to MK for the mornin hop!:mickey:

Loves the Mouse
07-09-2009, 06:56 PM
We normally go to MGM but this time Im starting with Epcot because we always seem to go there on the last day and every one is to tired to tour. This way we get a day and a half at Epcot. We never seem to have any problems seeing the other parks.

BPATSMouse
07-10-2009, 12:35 AM
Straight to the MK and ride Small World (got to have that song in our heads first thing ):rocker::tuba::play::drummer::nopity::piano:

Marceline
07-10-2009, 12:51 AM
After checking in and settling into the room, we hop on the bus to EPCOT and do SE first thing. :cloud9::thumbsup::mickey: *sigh* We wander around as we please and then grab dinner at R&C and watch Illuminations from the patio. :cloud9::thumbsup::mickey: *sigh*