PDA

View Full Version : Plaza Restaurant - Any good?

andypooh
05-29-2009, 04:49 PM
Have never eaten at the Plaza restaurant in the MK. Is it any good? Thinking of eating there our first night in WDW after spending the afternoon at the MK. Will be travelling with my paretns, DW, DS 2 and DS 4. Thanks.

KatMark
05-29-2009, 05:20 PM
Have never eaten at the Plaza restaurant in the MK. Is it any good? Thinking of eating there our first night in WDW after spending the afternoon at the MK. Will be travelling with my paretns, DW, DS 2 and DS 4. Thanks.

DH and I LOVE the Plaza. It has become our last meal of our trip before we head for the airport to go home. It is a nice change of pace from all the heavy meals we eat all week on the dining plan. Great salads, sandwiches, shakes and the desserts are....let's just say I'm on :cloud9:

Celakip
05-29-2009, 05:52 PM
We've eaten at the Plaza only twice, but really like its small, cozy atmosphere. Good sandwiches and desserts.:mickey:

andypooh
05-29-2009, 06:59 PM
do they have the standard kids choices

ElenitaB
05-29-2009, 07:24 PM
The kids' choices are actually a little bit nicer than the norm, and include tomato soup, a chef's salad, grilled chicken, grilled cheese, turkey sandwich and GREAT desserts (cute cookies and a cup of milk to dunk them in).

mouseketeer mom
05-29-2009, 08:29 PM
This was a pleasant change for us when we tried this in March. We had lunch here, and were seated in the small sunny room to the side. The kids choices were very good, my son had soup and a burger, my daughter a grilled chicken salad, my other daughter a grilled chicken sandwich. I had the club, and my husband the rueben. All very good. It was a nice break from the afternoon sun, but I have to say, $70.00 later, I kind of missed our fave next store, Caseys...:blush:

Pop Centurion
05-29-2009, 09:10 PM
We ate there a few years ago and weren't impressed at all. IMO it's overpriced for such average tasting sandwiches. The food seems more suited for a QS restaurant.

GrmGrninGost
05-29-2009, 09:11 PM
We have not tried it for dinner, but we really enjoy lunch there! The sandwiches are wonderful! The cheese steak is to die for! I would definitely give it a try! :mickey:

kakn7294
05-29-2009, 10:43 PM
We love it! It's nothing spectacular but that's what makes it great in our opinions. We're simple food folks.

KatMark
05-30-2009, 11:33 AM
We love it! It's nothing spectacular but that's what makes it great in our opinions. We're simple food folks.

Very well put. This is why we don't do Signature restaurants--DH hates when they make the food fancy, put sauces on stuff, etc. :ack:

Maryutigger1
05-30-2009, 02:44 PM
Hi, we ate lunch here on a recent visit. I have to say, I wasn't impressed...DH, DS and I all had sandwiches. They were on "healthier" breads (I want to say there were "seeds?" in it).
We aren't into being THAT healthy LOL. Wish we would have kept our Crystal Palace resies.:( instead....Then again, it was something new for us this visit. We TRY to eat somewhere new everytime we go to DW...so......

Not sure if this helps at all. All I can say is enjoy wherever you eat :thumbsup:....

Maryutigger
Next visit: July 14-17 OKWR.
October 19-21 OKWR, 21-23 SSR&S