PDA

View Full Version : ECV and bus question

PETE FROM NYC
05-29-2009, 02:36 PM
DW wants to eat at 1900 Park faire for dinner one night.We are both ECV users.How do we return back to Pop from GF late at night using the bus?
We do not have ressies yet, still too early.
Just trying to think ahead.

Marilyn Michetti
05-29-2009, 03:06 PM
I don't know where POP is, but you can take the Monorail to one of the parks or the TTC, and get a bus to anywhere.

The busses are much more accomodating than they were a couple of years ago. You now, board at the front, and turn your ECV around, so you're facing front, but the driver will lift both benches, and almost any size scooter can make the turn with a three point.:thumbsup:

Ask at the GF, but I THINK your best option would be ride to the MK.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-29-2009, 03:43 PM
I agree! If the transport is still running to/from the MK the monorail from GF to MK is one stop, and then take a bus from MK to POP.

If you're finished dinner super-late, after the MK transport has stopped, you'll have to take a bus to DTD, and then a bus to POP.

Going from resort to resort can be slow, but it can be done!

Enjoy your trip :mickey:

PETE FROM NYC
05-29-2009, 05:07 PM
I was thinking that we would probably have do a round about return trip, but how late do they run for DTD ?
Also, does anyone know how far it is from the parking lot at GF to 1900 Park Faire.If absolutely necessary, I can load her scooter in the car (its easy with our electric hoist), and I can maybe do the walk, but my knees are pretty well shot.
Thanks for the quick replies.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-29-2009, 06:17 PM
The busses to/from DTD run rather late, I'm not sure the exact time, but it is at least midnight...you won't have any trouble!

The self-parking at GF is suprisingly far away from the hotel itself (down the driveway and across the street!) We were shocked at how far it was when we went a couple of weeks ago.

It might be worth the $$ for you to drive, and use the valet service, so you and your wife only have to walk/EVC to the restaurant, which is just past the lobby (short walk).

TheDuckRocks
05-30-2009, 07:31 AM
Pete, valet parking at the resorts for people with a handicap sign or license is free, although I do always tip them sometimes they even refuse that.

Marilyn Michetti
05-30-2009, 09:24 AM
Transportation from DD runs until 2:00a.m.:thumbsup:

wdwfansince75
05-30-2009, 11:59 AM
Pete, I think the suggestions above, to use Valet Parking, is a great option....and 1900 Park Faire is just off the lobby, to the left of the entrance....Probably the most convenient restaurant location on site for ECV's.

Of course, the location makes it convenient for the buses as well. If you chose to uses buses, the best way to get to GF from Pop would be to take the bus from Pop to MK, then use the resort monorail to the GF, and then, either reverse your trip, or return to Pop by way of DTD. If you use the Monorail, there is a large elevator on the right side of the lobby, about half way down the lobby....still convenient for ECV's.