PDA

View Full Version : The Flying Fish rest.

brigidfirst
05-29-2009, 09:43 AM
A friend of mine is looking to go there and coments will help. THANK YOU

SBETigg
05-29-2009, 12:10 PM
Good food, great service, lively atmosphere. I give it a glowing recommendation. I like the Chef's Thunder specials, but there are also a lot of excellent menu staples, like the potato-wrapped snapper. I had an oyster appetizer that was just amazing, and the key lime dessert is so good.

Rich Mc
05-29-2009, 06:54 PM
One of our faorite places!

Cinderelley
05-30-2009, 05:32 AM
Another :thumbsup: from us. Even our picky eater loved it.

Maleficent's Dad
05-30-2009, 02:08 PM
My favorite place in WDW for dining is the Flying Fish. When there is a chef's special, it is usually outstanding. And while the potato wrapped snapper is a perennial favorite in these parts, it's not a dish I really care for.

Part of the FF's appeal to me is its location - right on the Boardwalk. And the restaurant itself mirrors the resort's atmosphere - lively & jovial.

The FF is also high on the list of faves for my two children, ages 8 & 10. I'm not sure why they like it so much, I guess the children's menus don't vary much, and they like the fact that the restaurant is literally attached to Seashore Sweets! ;)

A note of oddity - the FF does not have its own bathroom(s). The restrooms are shared with Spoodles, Seashore Sweets, and anyone from out on the Boardwalk. You actually have to leave the restaurant to use the facilities! I find that odd... :unsure:

Now if a guy named "Jym" comes along, he'll give a more in depth review. You know, that guy known as "Natazu." :mickey:

Tinkerbellfan
05-30-2009, 02:27 PM
For us, Flying Fish is on our "must do" lists every trip to WDW. I love the atmosphere, the service, the food and the cocktails. We have dined there at least 5 times and are never disappointed.

Daddy Mouse
05-31-2009, 06:21 PM
We went to the Flying Fish several (more than 10) years ago. The food was average and service was not very good. We were there with DFIL, DMIL, DW, DD, DS, and myself.

My In-laws decided to give it another shot their last time down there. They had a great meal and wonderful service. Good enough to go back a couple of days later with friends. They had a nother excellent meal.