PDA

View Full Version : internet on your phone?

LiloLovesTheKing26
05-28-2009, 08:44 PM
I know some people can access the internet on their phones but what i'm wondering is can you listen to internet radio? I'm sure you would have to have some sort of unlimited plan but I don't know if the internet on cell phone would support something like live365.com. Any help would be great. I'm clueless when it comes to this stuff.

Itchy
05-28-2009, 09:23 PM
I have internet on my phone but it is very basic.

I can look at some web pages but some others will not work due to a lot of data.

I you have a phone like a black berry you can get broad band internet on those devices and have just about anything that you would want.

My phone has a lot of capabilites such as navigator which is like a gps unit you can get for your car.

I dont know what you want to do with you phone but check with you phone provider and they will be happy to set you up for a price.

I have Verizon Wireless as my provider and love their service.

Hope this helps.:mickey:

Basket Mommy
05-28-2009, 09:40 PM
I have an iPhone with an app for Pandora radio and my 11 year-old daughter uses it a lot (more than I do!)

ElenitaB
05-28-2009, 10:12 PM
I have a few radio apps on my iPhone, including live365. :music:

LiloLovesTheKing26
05-28-2009, 10:57 PM
thanks!!! I have sprint so I don't think I can get an Iphone but maybe they will have something similar!!

fupresti
05-29-2009, 12:59 AM
Blackberries have I(heart)radio now so you can access Clear Channel stations across the US. I have it on my Blackberry Storm and it works quite well.

When I am near WiFi, I use Pandora on my iPod touch and it works great.

fupresti
05-29-2009, 01:00 AM
I have a few radio apps on my iPhone, including live365. :music:

How do you access live365?

DisneyDog
05-29-2009, 11:05 AM
I have an iphone and there are all sorts of apps for radio listening. AOL radio is a good one with radio stations from all around the globe, plus different genres like kids music and comedy and holiday music. Also, my favorite local radio station in Philly (WMGK) has its own app so I can listen to my music where ever I go, anywhere in the world.

caryrae
05-29-2009, 02:41 PM
thanks!!! I have sprint so I don't think I can get an Iphone but maybe they will have something similar!!

I use sprint too. I have the Samsung Instinct phone and it has Sprint Radio on it, I can even watch the Disney Channel on it.

BW Fan
05-29-2009, 03:42 PM
How do you access live365?
Iphones has a free app for live365 radio. You will need VIP account to listen, but then it is just like listening on the computer - access all of their stations, including intercot radio, dmagic, disney radio, etc.:mickey: