PDA

View Full Version : Penny Arcade/ games anywhere?

Live4WDW
05-28-2009, 07:36 PM
During my last visit, in 2006 DW and I found out that the Penny Arcade was gone from Main Street:sob: . Does anyone know if there are any of the games that made up the Penny Arcade spread out over WDW, or are they just sadly gone forever. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks:mickey:

ILoveLegos
05-28-2009, 08:22 PM
Circa January 2006, in the clothing shop with the "boxing ring w/ boxers sparing in it" (named Mickey Athletic Club or something like that - near Casey's), I found one of the old black and white photo flip animator machines that used to be in the arcade on Main Street in the Mid-70s. I do not think it was functional because if memory serves, these had an electrical cord leading out of them when I was a kid to light up the bulb inside so you could see the pictures as you cranked the handle after dropping in coins. The machine I saw was not "plugged in" at the time that I saw it. It did however bring back a flood of memories as I recalled how much fun my siblings and I had peering into and playing with those machines!

Live4WDW
05-28-2009, 09:18 PM
:mickey:
Circa January 2006, in the clothing shop with the "boxing ring w/ boxers sparing in it" (named Mickey Athletic Club or something like that - near Casey's), I found one of the old black and white photo flip animator machines that used to be in the arcade on Main Street in the Mid-70s. I do not think it was functional because if memory serves, these had an electrical cord leading out of them when I was a kid to light up the bulb inside so you could see the pictures as you cranked the handle after dropping in coins. The machine I saw was not "plugged in" at the time that I saw it. It did however bring back a flood of memories as I recalled how much fun my siblings and I had peering into and playing with those machines!
:mickey: Yes I remember those. And all the old time baseball games, sort've shaped like a pinball machine, where you would swing the bat to hit the little metal balls (baseballs). The machine that you could armwrestle with to test your strength, so many old games from long before video games and pinnball had come along.

JPL
05-28-2009, 10:20 PM
Some of the movie machines are in the Main Street Train Station unless they moved them again.

joelkfla
05-29-2009, 11:22 AM
I don't know whether these are still there, but:

A soccer game (sort of an early version of foosball) was in the Main Street Train Station, and ...

One of the baseball games was in the small Casey's dining room (where the Goofy sports cartoons play.)

There's also a nickleodeon (coin-operated player piano with percussion accompaniment) in the train station.

KAJUNKING
05-29-2009, 12:23 PM
its a shame they got rid of the penny arcade, i have fond memories of that place