PDA

View Full Version : Do they still do this?

Tink33333
05-28-2009, 07:21 PM
Do people still put things on their window sills at the resorts?

GrmGrninGost
05-28-2009, 08:12 PM
Yes, we still see that a lot. On a few occaisions, mousekeeping has put some of our things in the window for us. We thought that was really cool. :mickey:

Tink#64
05-28-2009, 11:57 PM
Absolutely! Towel animals, stuffed WDW characters that we buy, ears, etc! I love to see what people put in their windows!

I'm going to lok for some WDW window clings (inexpensive ones to bring from home!) for our next trip! :mickey:

ransam
05-29-2009, 01:17 AM
never thought of that...that's a good idea...
i'm gonna bring my KU flag!!!

Cinderella's mom
05-29-2009, 12:37 PM
Every time we go at Christmas, we bring our small Christmas tree with lights and put on the table in our window. Every day we buy new Disney ornaments and put them on there. When we leave, we pack them up well and put in our luggage for the flight home. We have even been surprised by Mousekeeping leaving small little presents (Mickey soap, towel animals, etc) under the tree. We leave the lights on a timer so they are on when we get back from the parks. We have had SEVERAL people stop by our room and look to see what is new on or under the tree that day.

I also found some window ice cicle(sp?) lights to hang on the top of the window inside also. (They stick up with suction cups.)

cer
05-29-2009, 12:46 PM
They were decorating windows when I was there in Feb....

Lakin
05-29-2009, 12:54 PM
Yes :] Anytime I get a towel animal, I always place it in the window for others to admire. I look at peoples windows to see what people put in.

PixieMagic
05-29-2009, 01:34 PM
What a fun idea! I am totally going to try that this upcoming trip!!

Daddy Mouse
05-29-2009, 01:40 PM
Where can one get window clings? DW would like to decorate our window.

Tink33333
05-29-2009, 05:20 PM
:thumbsup: I am so glad to here this....I had just bought some cute plastic characters to put in our window and I love the cling idea!

missymouseworld
05-29-2009, 05:30 PM
When walking to get to our room at POR we had to cut thru a few buildings and the kids and I noticed alot of window decorations....from birthday signs and decor, to stuffed animals and towel animals, etc. It is fun to see .

Kathy Jetson
05-30-2009, 12:21 AM
We always put towel animals if we get them and any toys we buy. I like the idea of the window clings and will do that Oct:thumbsup:

Young@Heart
05-30-2009, 05:28 PM
We did "Welcome Home" signs for our kids' room, and a "Happy Anniversary" sign for ours last trip. We also had Potato Head versions of all of us in the windows, and then we added any towel animals we came "home" to. It was great to walk past all the windows and know we were at our rooms when we saw our decorations. :mickey:

pixiesmimi
05-30-2009, 09:24 PM
The first time we stayed on property at the ASMovies, we noticed a lot of things in windows while looking for our room, Peter Pan's hat, towel animals, etc. I was very impressed and the kids thought it was so fun. We kind of hoped the mousekeeping would do that to our room but they didn't. I didn't realize that maybe the people in the rooms might be doing that themselves.