PDA

View Full Version : So trip is over what do I do now??

luvDaMouse
05-28-2009, 12:46 PM
Okay, I have been home for 6 days from my trip. I am planning on going back for Christmas in 2010 thats 544 DAYS AWAY!? What do I do till then? I am so bummed,:pout: it seemed to go by so fast all the planning and then its over... What can I do? I am listening to live 365. I cant book my trip till 11 months out. I am sorting out the dining plans but who knows how much or what kind they will have next year ( thinking of QS instead of Reg dining plan) I am at a loss. What do you do? I dont know if I can wait that long. It also seems like we will be canceling our trip to HH this fall as we want to save some $$ we spent alittle more than we should of this past trip:secret:

princessgirls
05-28-2009, 01:10 PM
Yes, after a Disney trip and all the planning, it's hard not to have that to look forward to! I totally understand! I'm a Disney nut, and my husband is not... so that means we probably won't go back for a while.

As a matter of fact, we were just talking about going somewhere, and I made a comment that I would always go back to Disney, just like we always go back to the Jersey Shore, we try new things, but you always do enjoy what you know!!

I hope you do get to HH this summer.
Julie:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-28-2009, 01:11 PM
We start booking the next trip! Even though we can't book anything yet we take stock of our last trip, things we didn't get to do, things we HAVE to do again, things we NEVER want to do again.

Spending lots of time here on Intercot helps too :)

gauvin4
05-28-2009, 01:36 PM
I know how you feel. The thing for us is that I don't see a trip for us for several years. :( DD starts college in the fall and then DS will start a few years after that.

BluewaterBrad
05-28-2009, 03:17 PM
Yup, lots of time on Intercot!!:mickey:

TheVBs
05-28-2009, 04:41 PM
I with you. We got back a couple weeks ago, and I would give anything to turn around and go right back. :( Typically we go to WDW ever two years, and somewhere else in between. But, the last couple in between trips were not that great and were nearly as expensive. The other day I said to DH, "Why don't we just go back to Disney next year." He looked at me like I was nuts and told me he couldn't go every year or he'd get bored with it. Yeah right! He's the one who's the biggest kid there, wanting to do everything possible. But, I haven't given up that easily. :cool:

In the meantime I'm occupying myself by going through the digital pictures (over 1500!) from our last trip. Thinking about doing the scrapbook pages for it. Reading over our journal from the trip. And, this year we didn't do the DDP, so we're going to go through all the receipts and try to figure out if we would have saved, paid more or broke even if we'd gotten it.

Dsnygirl
05-29-2009, 03:21 AM
Like everybody else has said, LOTS of time in Intercot!! And going to Disney's site.... and finding any and all websites that have photos of the resorts and parks.... You Tube'ing the rides... photoshopping all my pics, printing them, doing framed shots and scrapbooking the rest.... writing trip reports for I'cot, then using them in my scrapbooks... looking at dates for the next trip, making lists of what we still want to do next time and don't want to ever do/experience again.... pre-pre-planning for whenever we think we might go again & keeping fingers & toes crossed, working a bit of extra to help it happen... :D

And one thing I've noticed -- after I'm back about a month, I start to re-enter normal society and if I get myself busy in a new project, it helps the time fly 'til I hit another "attack of Disneyitis". Certain times of year certainly keep me busier than others, so it's during the downtimes (Jan/Feb/Mar) that I really ache to be planning that next trip! Once the nice weather hits, or the holidays, I'm too busy to miss it and then WHAM! A bunch of time goes by, and I'm that much closer to the next trip! :cloud9:

TikiGoddess
05-29-2009, 07:44 AM
It's funny... we're planning our big trip in August right now. It's been a long time in the making and having something to look forward to really got me thrugh this past winter. And now that it's getting closer, I'm already thinking about what to do afterwards! It's going to be tough not having a Disney vacation to think about -- and I'm not sure when the next one will be.

But a wise lady named Marilyn Michetti once told me -- don't wish the days away. In other words, after the Disney fever passes (that happens to all of us after a trip)... live your life. Find the magic in every day. Find a new project to fill your time. Try something new. And before you know it, it will be time to start planning your hotel... then ADRs... then vacation!

Kathy

mouseketeer mom
05-29-2009, 02:45 PM
Intercot and more Intercot. Someone else said a digital picture frame, and no kidding, its wonderful. I have mine going all the time in the family room..Its one humongous loop of WDW trips. I never tire of it. Planning, and reading planning books helps too. Even going on the Disneyworld website and fooling around plugging in dates and resorts is fun..creating a dream WDW vacation and seeing what it would cost!!! ha ha!!

Kathy Jetson
05-30-2009, 01:02 AM
I look at my photo albums ALOT! Go on intercot at least 4 times a week(realy makes me feel connected to wdw). I buy a new disney book every few months,watch all my disney dvds and talk to ds5 every day about wdw:blush:

TikiGoddess
05-30-2009, 08:22 AM
Something else that keeps the magic in my life daily: Disney Podcasts. Couldn't live without them!

Kathy

PrettyMinnie
05-30-2009, 09:55 AM
Ugh we just got back from our trip after months of planning and now there is nothing to look forward to. I almost HAVE to plan another trip to keep myself from going insane!! Haha.

EPCOT84
05-31-2009, 08:21 PM
You Tube'ing the rides...

I like what you called it !

Exactly what I did after getting back. Everything Dsnygirl wrote sounds sooo familliar

Hull-onian
06-05-2009, 01:11 PM
We youtube the rides too. I also have a lion king festival with the safari dvd and I watch that too. It helps.!!! Radio 365 as well.:cloud9:

LudwigVonDrake
06-14-2009, 04:40 AM
I start saving for the next trip :tink:

Tink#64
06-23-2009, 12:09 AM
Well you're ahead of me already! When we get back I can't even get on Intercot for awhile! It's too sad when we don't have a trip planned!

We have been alternating WDW with the beach the last few years & we just got back from Myrtle Beach yesterday, so I'm already thinking about a WDW trip for next year! I too spend alot of time on these boards & I love to watch videos on You Tube of everything from WDW! I also make a photo album of each trip & sometimes a scrap book & I love to get those out & relive all those special WDW memories! :cloud9:

brownie
06-23-2009, 05:40 PM
Dream and start planning the next one!