PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Picks

SunnyLee
05-28-2009, 11:23 AM
Okay so I'm trying to decide maybe where to go w/ some friends to dinner at ...of course...Disney! Now I've pretty much tried EVERY Disney Park great restaurant (yes that includes many of the EPCOT countries!)..but I haven't ventured out too far into the RESORT restaurant field. I don't want anything too expensive, but something fun and more on the nice side than not. Any ideas???

Here's the list of those I've DONE ...(meaning their sort of scratched out of the running..maybe)

- O'hana (Polynesian)
- California Grille (Contemporary)
- The Garden Tea Room (Grand Floridian)
- 1900 Park Fare (Grand Floridian)
- Jiko (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
- Olivia's (Old Key West)
ideas???.... :confused::mickey::mickey:

#1donaldfan
05-28-2009, 11:55 AM
....1900 Park Fare is great
....WCC at Wilderness Lodge is great
....Kona and Ohana's at Poly is good
.....Olivia's.....I'll tell you when we get back...it's on our upcoming trips agenda...
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

ThanxForNoticin
05-28-2009, 12:14 PM
Based on the ones you have already tried, I would recommend the following new experiences:

Boma at AKL
Citricos or Narcoossee's at GF
Kona at Poly

We've not tried it yet, but the new Sanaa restaurant at AKL is another possibility. Hope you enjoy your evening wherever you choose!

EmmMOM2
05-28-2009, 12:27 PM
The Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge HANDS DOWN!
Great experience at that place. It is very loud but makes for a very nice evening full of fun and even some games!!

Disneyfun
05-28-2009, 12:47 PM
I like the earlier suggestion of Kona at the Poly. You could then slip down to Captain Cook's to get Dole Whips!

Other suggestions would be:

Artist's Point at the Wilderness Lodge - it is a bit expensive though
Spoodles at Boardwalk - not sure when it is closing
Flying Fish Cafe at Boardwalk

If you want some entertainment, the Luao at the Poly and Hoop-de-Do at Fort Wilderness might be good options as well!

Hope that helps!

LandFan
05-28-2009, 02:00 PM
I'd say Boma or Kona. Both have very good food. Boma's atmosphere is a little more lively and adventurous. Kona's atmosphere is a little more quiet.

slegrant
05-28-2009, 02:33 PM
I would recommend the following:

Artist point at the Wilderness Lodge
Kona at the Poly
Narccossee's at the Grand Floridian

All three of these are awesome:mickey: