PDA

View Full Version : Reservations for 2010

PrincessASquared
05-28-2009, 10:48 AM
Are they taking room reservations for Feb. of 2010 yet? I called a month ago and said they were not taking them until the 2010 room rates were released. Any info would be appreciated.

TheDuckRocks
05-28-2009, 11:18 AM
Strange! I have room only reservations for April/May 2010 that I made back in the first week of Feb. Now at the present time they can not give you the exact amount that the rooms will run until 2010 prices come out sometime in June. They reguire a one night deposit that equals the cost of the same room at the highest rate they charged for it in 2009. When the new rates come out they will adjust the amount either up or down due to changes for 2010. Later on I will be able to add on the package with tickets and DDP when those prices are released.

sisterslovindisney
05-28-2009, 11:42 AM
I have January 2010 reservations for room only but I booked through Magical Journeys. As the pp said, I couldn't get an actual price but at least I got a room locked in. Magical Journeys will adjust the price when the room only and/or package rates come out and will add any special codes or discounts as they come up. I suggest calling them so you can lock in your resort.

beksy
05-28-2009, 12:00 PM
At 500 days out I was able to reserve a room like the pp did. We wanted a theme park view so we wanted to reserve asap. I booked through Magical Journey's too. :mickey:

PrincessASquared
05-28-2009, 12:42 PM
Thanks, I will call again.

csmith157
05-29-2009, 01:21 PM
It was my understanding that you cannot convert a room only reservation to a package. Is that not the case?

Connie

Tygger7
05-29-2009, 02:34 PM
It was my understanding that you cannot convert a room only reservation to a package. Is that not the case?

Connie

I've done this our past 2 trips...converted room only reservations to a package. I highly recommend working through Magical Journeys, as it was much less hassle having them handle the change.

csmith157
05-29-2009, 03:00 PM
Well the problem is that the person who told me I couldn't do that works for Magical Journeys. Hmmmm, now I don't know what to do.

Connie

TheDuckRocks
05-29-2009, 04:37 PM
Well the problem is that the person who told me I couldn't do that works for Magical Journeys. Hmmmm, now I don't know what to do.

Connie

Call and ask a Disney reservationist. But I know for a fact that I have done it 4 times now and plan on doing it again for 2010. ALso you may want to check with MJ again, I'm pretty sure it was through people taking about them that I found out you can do this. I would so love to work with MJ but I'm a major control freak and would drive Nanci, Wendy and all the others 'round the bend. They are the best and very generously share a wealth of information with us.:thumbsup:

Tink1
05-29-2009, 04:46 PM

Connie

It is not a direct conversion. Room only reservations are booked via the Disney Reservation Center (DRC) the packages are booked through the Walt Disney Travel Company(WDWTC). Two seperate entities.

You can currently book a room only reservation for 2010 at non-guaranteed rates. You cannot book a package yet. Once packages are released in order to get a package, we have to cancel the room only with DRC and rebook a package with WDWTC. The credit card gets credited for the room only, then a recharge is done for the package deposit. You cannot move money between the two companies, so technically you are not converting a room only to a package, more like doing a cancel and rebook.

Nanc

csmith157
05-29-2009, 07:08 PM
Nanci,

Thanks for the clarification. It all makes sense now. I also talked to my agent at MJ and she explained the same thing.

Connie

TheDuckRocks
05-30-2009, 07:23 AM
Sorry Nanci, I really did in my crazy mind know that it is a re-book but Disney handles it so easily and friendly I tend to forget that's what I'm doing.

Night Tracker
05-30-2009, 08:36 AM
A re-book sounds scarry. What happens if someone else books between the time it takes to cancel and the re-book? Sounds like a reservation could easily get lost that way.
I could just imagine booking a room 500 days out thinking I'm getting the perfect location, then it gets re-booked. Boom, the whole resort is full, sorry.
I know the odds are extremly against that happening, but I'm just paranoid like that.

KathyMJ
05-30-2009, 10:53 AM
Speaking for MJ's, we never cancel the room until the package is booked and secure:)

TheDuckRocks
05-31-2009, 08:36 AM
Speaking for MJ's, we never cancel the room until the package is booked and secure:)

Neither do I! Just to scary to think about.:eek:

CleveRocks
05-31-2009, 10:12 PM
A re-book sounds scarry. What happens if someone else books between the time it takes to cancel and the re-book? Sounds like a reservation could easily get lost that way.
I could just imagine booking a room 500 days out thinking I'm getting the perfect location, then it gets re-booked. Boom, the whole resort is full, sorry.
I know the odds are extremly against that happening, but I'm just paranoid like that.I had the same concern when I changed my room-only reservation for a tower - theme park view at Contemporary to the Buy 4 Get 3 Nights Free package for a theme park view room at Polynesian.

I booked directly through Disney. I asked the reservationist. She assured me (about 157 times!) that she would make the new package reservation for me first, and that ONLY AFTER that was 100% complete would she then proceed to cancel the pre-existing room-only reservation.

It worked perfectly. I had the package reservation done, complete with reservation number, and only after that did I cancel the other one. Same phone call, same reservationist, but definitely the one transaction before the other.

Hakuna matata!