PDA

View Full Version : Another Barbershop Question

Soccermom12
05-28-2009, 10:06 AM
I was planning on getting my daughter's first haircut there this summer. Does anyone know how crowded the shop gets? When is the best time to go?

mickey&missy
05-28-2009, 11:12 AM
My suggestion would be to get to MK before opening and wait over to the left side entrance and head for the barbershop as soon as the ropes drop. Even if it's not open yet it will be within 5 or 10 minutes and you won't have to wait!

We got DS2 first haircut there in January and that's what we did. We were the first people into the barbershop and there was a CM getting his haircut already in the other chair. Both my boys got their cut by the time all was said and done we were in there maybe 20 minutes tops and when we left there was a HUGE line outside. I talking a 2 hour long line! YIKES!

If going first thing isn't possible I also heard that it slows down later in the day.

No matter what it's definitely worth doing! enjoy!

#1donaldfan
05-28-2009, 11:47 AM
...we just made our way there, first thing one morning....we only waited about 15 minutes or so....it was no longer for us than a regular barber shop....it was fun....:mickey:

Cinderella's mom
05-29-2009, 12:26 PM
We had both our children's (DD 7 and DS 2) first haircuts at WDW in the barber shop on Main Street. I was truly worried about getting her hair cut since I didn't want any of the length taken off, but Michael was wonderful! I highly recommend him IF he is still there. When we went last year to have DS's haircut, Michael was off that day. Sorry, I do not remember the lady's name who cut his hair.

Back to the first haircut... Both got Mouse Ears with First Haircut on them. Since it was a few years apart, the color of the writing was a little off, but also got a certificate with baby Mickey and Minnie on it saying they were brave getting their hair cut.

We went mid-day with both and only had to wait about 15-20 minutes.

Kathy Jetson
05-30-2009, 01:15 AM
can someone tell me what it costs for the haircut? ds5 wants his done there.

DestinationWDW
05-30-2009, 12:39 PM
We just returned from our trip yesterday - $14 for a child's cut. $17 for an adult. We arrived to the shop about 10 am. We waited about 1/2 hour. It was great! My 5 year old got a cut. While we waited a little girl got her first cut. She was obviously was very scared! Penny, the "Barber", put many stickers on her and sprinkled pixie dust all over her to make her less frightened. She sat like a big girl and was so sweet! It is well worth to see the kids and ADULTS to be spun around and see their reactions in the mirror!!! There is only 2 chairs.....the earlier you get there, the better! Penny is so sweet, we had Rex and he is pretty awesome too!!!!:thumbsup:

Kathy Jetson
05-30-2009, 02:50 PM
Thankyou for the info!