PDA

View Full Version : Record Time! Very pleasantly surprised!

Pally
05-28-2009, 08:24 AM
:woohoo:I just booked my ADRs. I can't believe how fast it was. I did use a tip though from a post earlier last week. This is what I did.

First,I called the tour line to book a Segway tour at Wilderness Campground (Aug 28). The first four times I called I was cut off but still got through at exactly 8:00am, 7:00am Orlando time. I was really nervous at first with the phone system doing that. Then I connected properly. The CM came on line and I booked the Segway tour. My son has been dying to try this. He will be sixteen in early August. She then asked me if I would like to make any dining reservations. I said, "I certainly would."

My ADRs are as follows

Aug 27-1900 Park Fare- 6:50pm
Aug 28- Restaurant Marrakesh- 6:00pm
Aug 29- Chef de France- 6:00pm
Aug 30- Brown Derby-Fantasmic 4:30pm
Aug 31- Grand Floridian Cafe- 6:30pm
Sept 1- Tusker House -8:05am
Sept 1- Boma- 6:05pm
Sept 2- Kona- 6:30pm

Sept 2- Grand Floridian Tea- 2:10pm

These are all new places for us. We wanted to try and be differnt this time. I did have our two boys 14 and 16 look at the menus to make sure they would be able to pick something. They were game for it. Hope our choices work out for us.

Anyway, just wanted to say that from start to finish I made all my ADRs in approximately 20 minutes. Nice surprise. :mickey:

We are now officially in our 90 day countdown.:party2::dance::cheer::cheers:

yjgirl32
05-28-2009, 08:39 AM
That is great to hear that you had a positive experience with making adrs. I will be in your shoes next week! Cant wait!

Soccermom12
05-28-2009, 09:41 AM
I didn't have any problems with my reservations either! I didn't even know about the 90 +10 rule. I called at 91 days at 6:30pm just to make sure I calculated my 90 days right, and the CM told me I could make all my reservations for my trip right then! I was able to get Cinderella's for lunch, Ohana's for dinner, Chef Mickey's for lunch and every other restaurant we wanted! I had a great experience with ADRs! :thumbsup:

SBETigg
05-28-2009, 09:53 AM
Excellent! Good choices. Nice to hear it was a good experience. Enjoy!

x-raychick
05-31-2009, 08:07 PM
I too had no problems making my DDP reservations. I made my dinner reservations for our end of August, beginning of Sept Disney trip this morning. I too was very pleasantly surprised at how well everything went. I have read so many posts about bad experiences with the new system, I was truly expecting the worst. At 7am I was on the phone, went through the prompts and was then told by the automated system that I had an 11 minute wait time. During the wait I heard the phone line click one time and thought for sure I would be disconnected. Fortunately this did not happen. At 7:16, a CM named Mandy answered my call. She was extremely polite and kind. I was able to book every restaurant I wanted, including dinner at Le Cellier. I was off the phone by 7:41. Could not have been happier.

We had the free DDP 2 years ago and did not do so well with our reservations on that trip, so this year I feel very fortunate.

haley's mom
06-01-2009, 08:38 AM
I like the post about booking the segway tour then dining.

Do you think I could call to buy MNSSHP tickets then get my dining at that time?

Do you get transferred to dining? Does it give you an advantage?

Just curious

pixiesmimi
06-01-2009, 04:41 PM
I was surprised that I could book our Keys to the Kingdom Tour at the same time and the CM asked if she could book anything else for me. I told her all I had left was the resort photos session and she said I would have to do that through the other number for that. But I was on hold for a long time at 7:00 a.m. I just called this afternoon at 2:30 and got right through and even got one of the reservations that I wasn't able to get before. So you may have an easier time getting through at a later time. I think everyone tries at 7:00 but that doesn't always mean you will get what you want since I had to call back a second time to get what I wanted. Still can't get O'Hana's on the night and time I want, though. We are staying at the Poly and can't even get into the restaurant at our resort. But I will keep trying.