PDA

View Full Version : Adults only get away this Saturday

Jeff G
05-28-2009, 12:12 AM
We are heading to Orlando on a spur of the moment four five day/four night adults only get away.

This will be our first trip in 15 years without kids and we are looking for tips on things we can do while there.

Our current plans include an afternoon sampling beverages around Epcot, a night out at the Boardwalk nightlife and a meal at 'Ohana. Since we haven't been to WDW in many years without kids anyone else have any suggestions on things to do or places to go for us? We are going with the family in September for a week so we'll get our share of rides in at that time.

Lakin
05-28-2009, 12:20 AM
Maybe go over to POFQ to check out Scat Cat's lounge? I hear it's a great time.

Tigger&Stitch
05-28-2009, 06:23 AM
Hmm..so much to do! We don't have children, so all of our trips are adult only. ;)

Let's see:

1) House of Blues
2) Rent bicycles/boats
3) Splurge on massages at one of the spas
4) Have a late dinner at Epcot and stroll around the park long after the fireworks are over enjoying the solitude
5) Dinner at the California Grill during Wishes
6) Naps in a hammock on a beach
7) The new picnic in the park at AK
8) Behind the Seeds Tour at Epcot
9) Keys to the Kingdom Tour at MK
10) Take the boat ride from Port Orleans to Downtown Disney (or vice versa) at night. We didn't stay there, but went and checked out the boat ride anyway. :)

GrumpyFan
05-28-2009, 10:42 AM
Congratulations!!! We love taking trips without the kids, and try to do it every other time we go. There's lots of things that adults can do that are oriented for just them. We just enjoy being there and not feeling like we have to rush around and try to do everything on the kids' agenda. We take our time, maybe sleep late, enjoy meals without having to feel like we need to rush so we can get to such and such ride. On occasion we've rode the monorail for more than one loop, just because we could.

Be sure to check the following links here on Intercot for other ideas, and enjoy your time together at WDW.

http://intercot.com/infocentral/adults/romance.asp

http://intercot.com/infocentral/adults/valentinesday.asp

SBETigg
05-28-2009, 10:53 AM
We went in April, first time in 19 years sans kids, and we loved it. We really enjoyed World Showcase and our resort, spent time at Mizner's Lounge, the Tambu Lounge, and California Grill (monorail lounge tour). I thought we couldn't possibly fit in enough park time, but the park time was just right. It was resort time we couldn't get enough of, and World Showcase. But it's also nice taking time in parks, not worrying about crowds, and just riding with your partner. I would recommend trying a Signature meal or eating somewhere that you normally couldn't enjoy as much with kids. We tried Citricos, Jiko, California Grill, and Flying Fish-- all excellent. Have a great time!

mickey&missy
05-28-2009, 11:41 AM
DH and I went in March to celebrate our 10th anniversary with no kids and had a fabulous time! Just enjoy yourselves. relax and have a great time!!!

pdrlkr
05-28-2009, 05:50 PM
Have a Magical Trip! :tink: