PDA

View Full Version : Cost of Main Street Barber Shop haircut

Familyof4
05-27-2009, 10:13 PM
We are visiting Disney in September and are considering a first haircut for our 1 year old son. Does anyone know how much a kid's haircut costs? I have heard it is worth every penny, but haven't seen the actual price posted.

WDWMom08
05-28-2009, 01:31 AM
I was actually wondering the same thing. So hopefully someone will give an answer to that question! We'd like to take out son for his 1st haircut as well. :mickey:

dizneefan67
05-28-2009, 01:41 AM
When I worked in the Magic Kingdom, I usually got my haircut there too. I paid $10 in 1999, but due the costs going up I would imagine its a little more than that now. I would expect a first haircut would be a little more inexpensive and its really nice to add to the REAL town feel you get like its your barber in your town actually doing the cutting!

Hope you have a great experience! Have a great trip!:mickey:

Will,

mudpuppysmom
05-28-2009, 07:05 AM
I want to say when we were there in December it was around $14-$17....my 7 yr old got his done (complete with mickey symbol in colored gel on the back of his head and mickey sprinkles) and my 6 mo. old got his first haircut (with a set of ears along with his locks wrapped up and sealed with a mickey sticker). Anyway, I think it cost me around $30 for the both of them, plus tip for Michal too, but the fun of it makes it worth a little more. They really do a great job with kids!

joelkfla
05-28-2009, 11:04 AM
Current prices are $17 for adults; $14 for children; tax not included.

mickey&missy
05-28-2009, 11:14 AM

:thumbsup: That's what I recall from our trip in January! It's not much morethen the boys pay at the barbershop at home and totally worth every single penny!

brigidfirst
05-28-2009, 11:43 AM
We are going to the shop in July. My dd8 want to get her hair cut to send it to locks of love. she can't wait.

TheRustyScupper
05-28-2009, 11:44 AM

Tip also not included.

Disney Doll
05-28-2009, 01:44 PM
$14 plus tip sounds right. I just remember that it was not nearly as expensive as I expected and yes it is well worth every penny.

crltkcagle
05-28-2009, 08:03 PM
We are going in the morning so I will let everyone know the exact prices.

GroovyTeach
05-28-2009, 10:31 PM
Has anyone done the first haircut thing? We are considering it for our 18 month old in a few weeks.

DestinationWDW
05-30-2009, 12:44 PM
:mickey:We just returned yesterday and my son got a cut - $14 for children, $17 for adults just as stated. And for PP that asked about 1st cutls, there was a little girl getting her first cut while we were waiting. I almost cried with her mom it was so sweet! They give you a 1st hair cut certificate and mouse ears and apparently have been doing so as the mother mentioned her son had the same at home! Well worth doing!

Greenlawler
05-31-2009, 11:59 PM
Yes!!!!! We held out to get our son Brewer's hair cut for the first time there and we recieved the awesome "first haircut" ears.

I get my haircut every year there, they are very good....I am particular.

The best time to go is right before parade, very short wait from my experiance. Then you can walk right out to a very 'non-popular" parade route viewing area and take it in. We have for the past three years done the haircut to parade trick with smashing results.

Disney Doll
06-01-2009, 12:45 PM
Has anyone done the first haircut thing? We are considering it for our 18 month old in a few weeks.

We did and it was awesome! We got a certificate commemorating the occasion, the 1st haircut mouse ears, and locks of hair wrapped with pixie dust. They covered DS with Mickey stickers which created a great diversion for him while they cut. It was a very special memory and I'm so glad we got to do it. I highly recommend.