PDA

View Full Version : So how many people are friends with Elton?

Pagan
05-27-2009, 05:01 PM
Or have even met him? I know if you have you never forget him, and vice versa!

Met him two years ago in EPCOT, a roaming CM who loves nothing better than grabbing families and bringing them to the front of the line on rides.

He took DW and I onto Soarin' last year before the park even opened up, and along with us he brought a mother with her young daughter who was gravely ill. (what she had escapes me at the moment)

At the point on the ride when the golfer hits the ball towards the glider, he reaches up as if to grab the ball, then pulled his hand down and gave a shiny golf ball to the little girl. You should have seen the smile on her face!

Then last week, more than a year since I last saw him, I'm standing outside a restroom in EPCOT and hear someone calling my name. I turn around and there's Elton, coming up to give me a big bear hug.

I tell you, most of the CMs are friendly, but Elton takes things to a level that is beyond magical.

If you've met him you know, and if you haven't....look for him in EPCOT next time you're down there!

Imagineer1981
05-27-2009, 05:18 PM
wow...great story. I'll have to keep an eye out for him. I always said when I was a CM that is what I wanted to do...just roam the parks and help people have a magical experience

CaptSmee
05-27-2009, 09:30 PM
I thought you meant Elton John!:blush:

Zone Stop
05-27-2009, 11:58 PM
I've been fortunate enough to work with Elton for the last 4 years... For those of you who saw the Year of a Million Dreams commercials, he's the tremendously magical African-American with the bald head, blowing pixie dust on all you fine folk.

I'm going to print this thread and show it to him-I know he'll love it!

disneyboy98
05-28-2009, 12:51 AM
These types of CM ROCK!!! Elton, thank you for being the CM that brings magic to The Happiest Place on Earth through your personality while on the "job"! I am going to look for you the next time we are down there!

Keep up the awesome work!

TheVBs
05-28-2009, 08:24 AM
I love stories like this! :mickey: Thanks for sharing it, and we'll definitely keep an eye out for Elton next time we go.

cmsizzlin
05-28-2009, 08:31 AM
What a great story. I have not met him but I will definitely look him up when we hit Epcot this summer. It is true that the CM's due make the difference but I love the ones who go above and beyond.:mickey:

Pagan
05-28-2009, 09:54 AM
I've been fortunate enough to work with Elton for the last 4 years... For those of you who saw the Year of a Million Dreams commercials, he's the tremendously magical African-American with the bald head, blowing pixie dust on all you fine folk.

Then please tell him that fellow Miami Dolphin fan Alan from NY with the long hair and all the tattoos says hello!

He'll know who I am! :D

And if you print this after I posted this and he's reading it....Elton my brother, can't wait to see you again in December! Rock on and GO PHINS!

PrincessASquared
05-28-2009, 10:37 AM
We met Elton at Soarin also!! My daughter sat next to him on the ride and gave her the golf ball! It was a tremendous highlight to our trip.
It is those kinds of moments that keep us coming back!

Dsnygirl
05-28-2009, 10:44 AM
Wow.... I will definitely be looking for him next time we're at Epcot!! It's CM's like him that make Disney so unique to anywhere else. Thanks for the info, and I hope he stays at Disney for a magically long time! :)

GrumpyFan
05-28-2009, 10:49 AM
I ignored this post when I first saw it, because I didn't know who Elton was. I'm glad I read it now. I will be on the lookout for him next time we go. It's so neat that there are CMs like him in the parks. It's yet another small, but very significant piece of the magic that we've all come to know and love.

Thanks for posting.

mickey&missy
05-28-2009, 11:06 AM
I ignored this post when I first saw it, because I didn't know who Elton was. I'm glad I read it now. I will be on the lookout for him next time we go. It's so neat that there are CMs like him in the parks. It's yet another small, but very significant piece of the magic that we've all come to know and love.

Thanks for posting.

:thumbsup: I completely agree! It's people like Elton and the experiences that he's given to the op and probably countless other people that make Disney so magical!

Dreamin' of Disney
05-28-2009, 12:32 PM
This post just literally left me in tears. What an amazing person to do all those wonderful things. Though I've never met Elton, we had a similar experience on Spaceship earth. We were hanging around outside waiting for family to catch up and a wonderful CM came out a back entrance, pulled us all together (a group of 10) and brought us in a back door to the front of the line. She was wonderful, courteous and very special to us. Though we only had a few minutes with her, we were very greatful.

I'll be in Disney in Sept, and will keep my eye out for Elton. And just maybe I'll be able to bring something special for him, like he has for so many others. :mickey:

Geez, I love Disney.

Thank you for posting this. What a beautiful pick-me-up on this rainy day in NH.:)

MarkC
05-28-2009, 12:59 PM
This can't be true. All I read about is how CM's have gone downhill and there is no more Disney magic. So there.

Imagineer1981
05-28-2009, 04:11 PM
Its CMs like Elton that truely make Disney a magical place and not just a theme park

tinkergal
05-28-2009, 04:38 PM
After seeing Elton last year on the 'Million Dreams' promos, I looked for him everywhere! I wanted my picture made w/ him 'cause he seems to be the complete CM package. DH had instructions not to panic if I broke into a sprint, shouting, 'ELTON' - just be ready w/ the camera!

So here's your warning, Elton, I'm coming back in Sept. & I'll be looking for you...

Hull-onian
05-28-2009, 05:04 PM
This is a great thread. I remember the commercials, that's all. Next time I will keep an eye out for Elton too. I did meet Jim, one of the engineers on the Disney Railroad. It was great.:thumbsup:

BluewaterBrad
05-28-2009, 05:59 PM
i will!!:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
05-28-2009, 06:01 PM
Ooo! I want to meet Elton! Great story!

ASweetLov
05-28-2009, 09:00 PM
What a wonderful story. I will keep my eye out for Elton in September when I go!

SandmanGStefani24
05-28-2009, 11:09 PM
I thought you meant Elton John!:blush:

glad i wasnt the only one! :D

"my gift is my song and, this one's for you..."

:D:thedolls:

DisneyPrincess21
05-29-2009, 01:52 AM

I have never had the pleasure of meeting Elton before, But if you could please pass a message along to him. I will be at WDW in december, and I will be walking through Epcot yelling for him. "Elton??.....Elton??....Elton where are you??"
I plan on playing a game of Marco polo, But it will be Elton polo instead of Marco polo. So If he could please respond with "polo" whenever I yell "Elton" it will make my search much easier! :D

:mickey::thumbsup:

brownie
05-29-2009, 07:31 AM
Great story! There are still people who care about making great experiences for guests.

Pagan
05-29-2009, 09:11 AM
I took a pic with Elton last week, but haven't downloaded it to my PC yet. In the meantime, to help those that will be looking for him, I did find a pic of him...

Elton! (http://land.allears.net/blogs/debwills/08april4.jpg)

Hope this helps everyone in their search!

You hear that Elton? You're a wanted man now! LOL!

Figment78
05-29-2009, 01:45 PM
I have not had an Elton experience, at least not that I can say for certain, but I do have a fabulous cast member experience from Epcot to share.

It was a little thing but it meant a lot to me. A few years ago DH and I were at Epcot for EMH, wandering around Future World riding rides. I got a yen for a soft pretzel, and I knew there were several carts that sold them somewhere. We went up to one but they sold out for the night. A nearby CM heard my request, got on his walkie-talkie to another cart that he thought might still have some, and told them to hold one for me, I would be right there. Then he walked (it was more of a fun, half walk, half run gait) us all the way to the cart to make sure we found it.

Maybe it was Elton! Sadly, I don't remember his name anymore...

I love good CM interaction stories.... We should start a whole thread for it.

handmaidenofprincesses
05-29-2009, 06:15 PM
Aww this is a great thread! It really cheered me up after a lousy day.

But Elton should definitely look out... because I'm on the list of people who'll be looking for him as well now!!

Tell him thanks for keeping WDW the Happiest Pplace on Earth! <3

JRocker
05-29-2009, 10:32 PM
So, here's a money making suggestion for Intercot.

We need two T-shirts to show up in the Intercot Shop. Both with the Intercot names on them of course.

T-shirt One:
BEWARE THE JORT!

T-shirt Two:
We Love Elton!

Kathy Jetson
05-29-2009, 11:33 PM
I love this story. Add me to the list who will be looking for Elton in October:mickey:

Daddy Mouse
05-30-2009, 09:11 AM
Elton, becoming a Disney Idol one post at a time. Great thread

Pagan
05-30-2009, 10:31 AM
My buddy better get me to the head of ALL the lines on my next trip for starting this thread! LOL!

Finally uploaded the pic of me and Elton from last week. Personally hate the way I came out in it, cause it was after almost a full day in the rain and I was wet AND tired, but it's only to let everyone see Elton so you know who to look for on your next trip!

Too bad it wasn't a full body pic, you'd have been able to see my jorts! LOL

Me & Elton (http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/Blazeland/IMG_4368.jpg)

Okay Elton my man...I've released your mug shot to the masses...you're in for it now! :razz:

conwayjohn71
06-01-2009, 10:42 AM
You better warn Elton, we are going to be there June 8th through the 15th and I have printed a picture of Elton and added him to our hidden Mickey Contest that we have for the kids to do.

So he is going to have 4 little kids really looking for him while they are at Epcot for a picture

Thanks for the great post, these are the kind of people you hope you run into time and time again while at Disney

#1donaldfan
06-01-2009, 11:40 AM
After reading this thread we now will be on the search for Elton. We'll be there in 13 days. Can't wait to meet him and tell him all the nice things we've read about him on intercot.