PDA

View Full Version : Disney Files Summer '09

seanyred
05-27-2009, 02:26 PM
We just recieved our Disney Files and I noticed one sentence in the From the Desk of Jim Lewis section on page 2. It states "This year alone, we'll welcome the additon of the first phase of Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas' Kidani Village..."

Am I reading to much into this? I don't remember hearing this during the sales pitch that there was going to additional accomondations and ammenities added in the future. Anyone know anything about future phases of Kidani?

JPL
05-27-2009, 02:58 PM
I'm sure they have plans to expand if the demand arises. Unless they are considering Kidani Phase 1 Treehouse Villas Phase 2 and Bay Lake Tower Phase 3.

seanyred
05-27-2009, 05:25 PM
Also on Page 1 from the editor there is a sentence that refrences the first phase of Kidani Village. So I wonder if they have more instore after they sell all the units at Kidani? Or as I said before I'm making to much of this.

Zone Stop
05-27-2009, 11:59 PM
Only the south half of Kidani is ready. The northern half will be open later this year.

MinnieMommie
05-28-2009, 06:21 AM
"Only the south half of Kidani is ready. The northern half will be open later this year."

yes this is my take on this too. When we stayed at AKL earlier this year a CM explained to us that Kidani would be opening in 2 phases as the construction would not be complete to open the entire village in May. :mickey:

seanyred
05-28-2009, 03:22 PM
That makes more sense. So I'm guessing that the section near Pembe Savanna will be the second phase to open, since Pembe is not open yet. Is there exact date of when the second phase will be done? Just curious since I go in November

peemagg
05-28-2009, 11:02 PM
I thought that I heard it was going to open around September. That is unless they take my suggestions about putting a counter service in at Kidani.