PDA

View Full Version : Quick Service DDP vs. DDP

A&M'sMommy
05-27-2009, 01:53 PM
Little background, our first experience with the DDP was last September when we got it free, awesome! We're going back in February 2010 for my DH's 40th birthday. I'm considering just doing the quick service DDP and spending cash for the few sit-downs we may do. One dinner definitely for my DH's birthday and maybe a character buffet for my DD. Does that make sense? I notice it's only $10 difference per day, so for us it would be $32 (DH, me and DS who is 12, plus DD is 6 so $2 a day difference) If we're there eight days.....$256 less to do the quick service. Not sure as I type it now that makes sense. We'll probably spend at least that on the two dinners we're doing and we could probably throw in Cindy's Table again for DD.

Thoughts? Suggestions? My main issue is DH was not a big fan of the large sit down meals when we were there last September and would rather do the quick service. Just trying to figure out what gets the best bang for our buck!!

TIA :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-27-2009, 02:49 PM
This can be a tricky one, it really depends on what your family likes.

For us, we find going all day, every day without some sit-down meals is just too much. We like the break, and like the variety in food and service.

We've had the regular DDP and the deluxe DDP. The deluxe was crazy, way too much food and way too much time eating.

I would start to think about where you want to eat, do you come up with a TS each day, or a signature meal? If so, the regular DDP might be best. If you're only doing 1 or 2 TS meals during your trip, then it sounds like the QS plan is best, especially since you get an "extra" snack and the refillable mugs.

A&M'sMommy
05-27-2009, 05:45 PM
I didn't realize you get the extra snack and the mug..hmm that does make it difficult. I have to sit down and figure it out.

Also, can you "exchange" out the TS meal for QS? How does that work?

Seasonscraps
05-27-2009, 06:52 PM
If you won't use all the TS credits of the regular DP and intend to have sit down meals along with the QSDP, I would consider paying out of pocket. With either option you are paying for meals you won't be using, what's the point of paying Disney in adavance for that?

Tinkerbellaella
05-27-2009, 09:39 PM
Don't forget to calculate the tip in when you are figuring out if it is worth it. A tip for one TS meal per day can run $20 a day or more depending on what you order.

We opted for the QSDP and loving the no ADR hassle. We did make 1 ADR for our favorite restaurant and will pay oop for that.

A&M'sMommy
05-28-2009, 10:01 AM
If you won't use all the TS credits of the regular DP and intend to have sit down meals along with the QSDP, I would consider paying out of pocket. With either option you are paying for meals you won't be using, what's the point of paying Disney in adavance for that?

Good points! I think we're going to go with the QSDP and pay out of pocket for our other dinners. I think we're only planning two at most so that probably makes the most sense.

PetefromRI
05-28-2009, 06:32 PM
Don't forget to calculate the tip in when you are figuring out if it is worth it. A tip for one TS meal per day can run $20 a day or more depending on what you order.

We opted for the QSDP and loving the no ADR hassle. We did make 1 ADR for our favorite restaurant and will pay oop for that.
I agree completely.With the tip,it's alot more expensive.We just did the QSDP a few weeks back and it was an awesome deal for us.We had a few sitdown meals(Fultons and O'hana) so with the extra QS we just ordered extra sushi in Japan.We loved this plan and will do it again!Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD was awesome and of course the Earl of Sandwich.Go For It!!!