PDA

View Full Version : mickeys not so scary halloween party

camafrogs
05-27-2009, 12:46 PM
We got tickets for sept 4th i would like to make sure that only need that ticket to get in the park from 7pm to 12am. We have never done this before so any tips would be great.:mickey:

Disney Doll
05-27-2009, 01:05 PM
*usually* they let you enter with your MNSSHP ticket around 4:00pm. If you want to visit the MK earlier in the day you'll need a regular park ticket. We went for the 1st time last year and it was fabulous. My tip would be to dress up! We didn't last year, but we wished we had once we were there. We are dressing up this year though.

JabberJaws
05-27-2009, 02:36 PM
You will have a blast! Be sure to see the parade (Frontier Land is a good place to view) and the fireworks. Pay close attention to the Haunted Mansion grave diggers in the parade!! :hmghost:

The rides and everything are always fun, but don't miss out on just walking around the park and enjoying the atmosphere. The music, lighting, people in costumes, etc. all make for a REALLY neat experience.

ENJOY!!!!

joonyer
05-27-2009, 02:44 PM
No other ticket needed for the Party. You can get in with your MNSSHP ticket beginning at 4pm even thought the party doesn't officially start until 7.

Hallowishes fireworks is the best! The parade is well worth watching, and don't forget to pick up candy at the trick or treat locations.

Imagineer1981
05-27-2009, 04:56 PM
Most people can get in around 6 for sure. Dressing up can make it fun, but note they have restrictions, such as no "sexy" costumes or masks

disneykidsince1970
05-28-2009, 12:45 AM
You are going to have a blast! It's so much fun. My sister and I went a few years ago and dressed up like mousketeers. It was one of our favorite visits.

CanadianWDWFan
05-28-2009, 07:43 AM
We last went in 2007 and we got into the park at about 4:30ish. Since it is a hard ticketed event you only have to present your party ticket.

We are going on Sept 4th as well! :thumbsup: In fact we had booked out trip to check out on the 4th. When we found out the party dates we just had to extend our trip by the one day to take the party in!

Dreamin' of Disney
05-28-2009, 12:39 PM
we'll be going for the 3rd time this year. It's a great experience. Hallo-wishes is incredible (I was actually listening to it the other day :blush:)

There are two parade viewings, we caught both of them last year, and as posted before, One of the best spots (IMHO) is in Frontier Land. Or even over across from the Liberty Bell.

I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but just before the parade starts, the headless horseman gallops full speed through the parade route. It's pretty impressive, hearing the horses shoes hitting the ground and seeing him. It's one of my favorite things about the party!!:D

Enjoy:thumbsup:

Stich8818
05-28-2009, 06:14 PM
Plus there are character interactions that you may not see/get on a regular basis. Like Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs. It is a really good time.

PETE FROM NYC
05-28-2009, 06:22 PM
I didn't know you could get in the park after 4 PM w/ just the mnsshp ticket.
DW and I will be arriving at WDW on 9/4, maybe will give the party a shot that night.
Look for me. I will be the guy with the funny hat.

kbean
05-28-2009, 10:08 PM
Awesome time to go. I'll be there that month too. Even getting there at 4pm, the park's aren't too crowded.

camafrogs
05-30-2009, 08:14 PM
Thanks for all the info:thumbsup: Now i have to think what to dress the kids in.
We will be the family with 6 kids in toe:secret:

Kaps
05-30-2009, 08:26 PM
All of our kids dressed up for this and had a blast trick or treating in the park. The headless horsemen was great riding down main st to start the parade (My favorite part) You will have a good time dressed up or not but if you go with kids they should get into the party with costumes. Good Luck:number1:

DeniseMB
05-30-2009, 08:34 PM
I have never done this. Where do the little kids get candy? :mickey:

DisneyFr33k
05-31-2009, 12:22 PM
I have never done this. Where do the little kids get candy? :mickey:

The candy stops are normally recognized by a big round lit up sign that says "candy stop or mickeys not so scary halloween". You will have to wait for a while as there is a line. Also, you will be given a map that shows where all the candy stops are located. :mpumpkin:

deedeebee
05-31-2009, 01:44 PM
You will have a blast! Be sure to see the parade (Frontier Land is a good place to view) and the fireworks. Pay close attention to the Haunted Mansion grave diggers in the parade!! :hmghost:

The rides and everything are always fun, but don't miss out on just walking around the park and enjoying the atmosphere. The music, lighting, people in costumes, etc. all make for a REALLY neat experience.

ENJOY!!!!
I would second this advice, we went in '08 and it was fantastic.

forever a child
05-31-2009, 03:23 PM
Thanks for all the info:thumbsup: Now i have to think what to dress the kids in.
We will be the family with 6 kids in toe:secret:

You could do Snow White and the seven dwafts with your hubby as the 7th dwarf!:D

camafrogs
06-12-2009, 10:34 PM
i could see us all now:mpumpkin:
the two older boys will not dress up nor will hubby:shrug:
so it will be the girls and the two little ones