PDA

View Full Version : Bambi and the Jungle Book

ransam
05-26-2009, 12:28 AM
i was just curious....i noticed there are no rides/resturants/shows anything in the parks that mention Bambi or the Jungle book. i realize w/ alll the movies disney has done you can't have an event for every movie, but those are two classic disney movies...YOu would think that Bambi and Jungle book would be perfect for animal kingdom....maybe a bambi and friends pet zoo...
does anyone have any thoughts on this?

DizneyRox
05-26-2009, 05:50 AM
There used to be a fantastic show over at Animal Kingdom called Journey into the Jungle Book. Was replaced with an awful show called Tarzan Rocks which has been replaced with the new Nemo Show.

I think Nemo is the best in terms of production quality, etc, but Hourney into the Jungle Book was great. If you google it, I'm sure you'll find at least some audio for the show, maybe even a few videos on youtube, etc.

Bambi, hmmmm.... Havne't really seen anything, not sure if I can think of anything to do with it. Disney likes to have some sort of merchandising tie in with shows/attractions so they can profit off that stuff as well. I haven't heard too many people itching for Thumper plush.

JPL
05-26-2009, 10:48 AM
Journey into Jungle Book was a great show it's sad that it had to disappear. But I don't think it was very popular.

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-26-2009, 10:50 AM
Sometimes you see Baloo from the Jungle book doing character autographs at AK but that's all I can think of right now

SBETigg
05-26-2009, 11:10 AM
Bambi, hmmmm.... Havne't really seen anything, not sure if I can think of anything to do with it. Disney likes to have some sort of merchandising tie in with shows/attractions so they can profit off that stuff as well. I haven't heard too many people itching for Thumper plush.

I would love a Thumper plush! Thumper is one of my favorites. Actually, I think the Bambi characters in plush have high sales potential. Don't they have them? I used to have a Thumper plush. But they don't really fit in at the AK with the Africa/Asia themes. Maybe at MK. I don't think that every movie needs an attraction tie-in, though. Many don't.

TheVBs
05-26-2009, 01:17 PM
I think Bambi would be a great tie-in at the petting zoo in AK.

Imagineer1981
05-26-2009, 01:28 PM
Journey into Jungle Book was a great show it's sad that it had to disappear. But I don't think it was very popular.

It was a great show, and Tarzan Rocks was very cool and unique. I love Nemo now though (its in A/C). Bambi has plush at World of Disney but really is underrated. Perhaps AK is the place for Bambi to make an appearance!

Meteora
05-26-2009, 04:43 PM
I haven't heard too many people itching for Thumper plush.

I have one, actually, that I got in the MK when I was young. I think they've probably fallen out of popularity as time has gone on. And, if we're being honest, Bambi is a classic but not necessarily one of Disney's more popular classic movies at this point.

JabberJaws
05-27-2009, 02:25 PM
Hmmm yeah that is a good point. Aside from the occiasional Baloo or King Louis character roaming the park, you don't see much huh? And definitely nothing from Bambi.

I guess if you think about it, Bambi didn't have a whole lot to it that could inspire an attraction or show. Though popular, it didn't have the landmark villain or comedic characters that allowed other Disney stories to make it as dark rides or stage shows.

Jungle Book seems like a logical fit for DAK or even a loose tie-in in Adv Land, though you don't really see much of it. I guess the popularity just isn't there to warrant an attraction (lack of interest was the undoing of the stage show unfortunately).

maxrebo77
05-27-2009, 03:47 PM
This post just made me run and find Thumper. He's a little beat up, but not looking too bad. I can't picture a Bambi attraction unless it involves Bambi cars swirling like slipping on ice. Bambi will allways be remebered by me for his Mother that couldn't be with him anymore. But also the 'If you can't say something nice" line Thumper's mom reminds him of. Bambi did not do well in it's release (bad timing) but to me it had some of the most beautiful backgrounds, compared only to Sleeping Beauty.
I think Bambi also gets a nod at many tributes to Walt Disney.
Plus isn't Faline Rudolph's girl now? (Just Kidding) I should listen to Thumper's mom.

Giselle
05-27-2009, 03:56 PM
I agree. They should use some of the other movies in their rides and attractions. They have 2 Nemo themed attractions and 2 Toy Story attractions. Seems like they would want to diversify a little.

EmmMOM2
05-28-2009, 12:17 PM
I've seen King Louie from the Jungle King signing autographs and taking pics with people occasionally.

BMan62
05-28-2009, 01:07 PM
Soon, there won't be anything in the parks dealing with the house that mouse built. They will be changing the name to PixarWorld.

ransam
05-28-2009, 02:15 PM
i can't speak for anyone else..but the one character i feel is being pushed down our throats is Stitch...a ride, prominant place in the parades, a stage show, always out in the parks taking pics.....

Night Tracker
05-28-2009, 04:21 PM
i was just curious....i noticed there are no rides/resturants/shows anything in the parks that mention Bambi or the Jungle book.

They are both mentioned in a show...
Fantasmic, Bambi has a small part in a bubble and there is a large Jungle Book scene in the WDW version.

the other micki
05-29-2009, 12:28 AM
This probably doesn't count, but the Pop Century's 60's bldg. is Jungle Book themed. There's a huge Mowgli and Baloo near the Hippy Dippy Pool.

As far as everything going Pixar, I do like the Disney classics and wouldn't want them to take away anything relating to Mickey or any of the movies I grew up with; however, the little ones do love their Pixar, and Disney World always has kids in mind! (I love Pixar, too...:D)