PDA

View Full Version : I don't think its possible but...

beksy
05-25-2009, 11:22 PM
I have been reading so much about Teppan Edo that I would love to try it. The problem is that it has communal (I think that's the word?) seating and my sister has moderate-severe social anxiety disorder. On some things she is fine, like in the parks and in lines as long as I am with her. She did okay at 50's Prime Time Cafe but about lost it at Whispering Canyon. I really wasn't thinking when I made those ADR's but she liked 50's enough to want to go back. Anyway, we have discussed Teppan Edo (learned that lesson with Whispering Canyon!) and she is afraid to sit with others. I know how hard it is to even get ADRs and Disney wants to make as much money in the restaurants as possible, but are there any kinds of accomodations that anyone is aware of at Teppan Edo? There are only 3 of us but since Disney is so great with working with disabilities I thought it couldn't hurt to check! Thanks! :mickey:

SBETigg
05-26-2009, 12:32 AM
I'm not sure how willing Teppan Edo would be to seat you alone, but I'm guessing not very. It seats so many people at a time, and to limit the number of guests per grill means a money loss to Teppan Edo if they could otherwise fill your table. It's really not that uncomfortable. At many restaurants, you're seated almost as close as you are at a Teppan Edo table, and there's no need to socialize if you prefer to keep to yourselves. However, depending on the degree of her discomfort, it may not work out for you at Teppan Edo.

But you could consider Tokyo Dining. Very good food and service, similar food offered, but not cooked in front of you, so you're missing the show element. Still, a nice setting, good food, and good time.

ElenitaB
05-26-2009, 11:53 AM
The tables are long and you are seated around it in a "U" with the Chef occupying one side of the table. When we went, we were a party of 3, and honestly, our tablemates barely spoke a word to us. However, it really is luck of the draw... if you had been seated with us, we would have been very chatty. :blush:

Tick-Tock
05-26-2009, 12:14 PM
The tables are long and you are seated around it in a "U" with the Chef occupying one side of the table. When we went, we were a party of 3, and honestly, our tablemates barely spoke a word to us. However, it really is luck of the draw... if you had been seated with us, we would have been very chatty. :blush:

Never been at WDW, but our local Hibachi restaurant has similar seating. Could your sister sit at one end of the "U"? I've found when I sit there that I only speak with my husband, since there's nobody on my other side and you're too far away to speak with other people. Generally the most interaction is to watch the people around the table as the show goes on.

Dznygrl79
06-04-2009, 05:49 AM
I have a anxiety disorder also, not to rain on your parade but I found the experiance to be too much. The table I was at was nice and I actually found parties talked mainly amongst themselves but I was sandwiched between two groups and just found it overwhelming. Maybe sitting on the end with family near would work but it just depends on your sis, talk with her, and ask her if she would mind if you go without her. One of the things I like to do to keep myself from having an attack is finding a nice place to sit and having a meal by myself that way I''m not worried about anyone else, or sitting in a crowded place at Epcot I love to go to Coral Reef by myself and watch the fish its very calming and peaceful, you can have some great dining experiances on your own in the world.