PDA

View Full Version : Puff the Magic Dragon

khunter
05-25-2009, 09:17 PM
Ok, please tell me guys that I am not totally insane. I have very vivid memories of riding a "Puff the Magic Dragon" ride at Disney World. My husband however thinks that I am nuts and swears that I am thinking of Figment the ride. We just got back from Disney and rode on the Figment ride. The ride that I am thinking about was nothing like the Figment ride. Is there anyone else out there that remembers the "Puff the Magic Dragon" ride. I would love to prove him wrong.

Strmchsr
05-25-2009, 09:57 PM
To the best of my knowledge Puff never had anything to do with Disney. The Figment ride used to be much different. Go look on youtube for the original Journey Into Imagination.

WDWdriver
05-25-2009, 10:27 PM
The ride that I am thinking about was nothing like the Figment ride.

I agree with Chris. The current Figment ride is nothing like the original Journey Into Imagination. I think you are remembering the original.

JPL
05-25-2009, 10:28 PM
Nope there has never been a Puff the Magic Dragon Ride at WDW. Sorry to say it but the only dragon featured in a ride at WDW is Figment:figment:

Lakin
05-25-2009, 10:48 PM
Puff the Magic Dragon? Nope, not at Disney World! Like others have said, you have to be thinking of Figment. Sorry but your husband is right.

kbean
05-25-2009, 11:17 PM
Puff was released as a Disney film. But never had a ride.

crltkcagle
05-25-2009, 11:43 PM
You are probably remembering Figment. The ride was alot more puff the magic dragon like back in the day.

joonyer
05-26-2009, 12:44 AM
Pete's Dragon (named Elliot) was also a Dsiney film, but there was never a ride featuring Elliot. (Elliot kinda reminded me of what I though "Puff" would look like when I was a kid.)

aurora, ariel, and bell
05-26-2009, 07:14 AM
Wasn't Elliott featured in the Electrical Parade a few years back, (he was my favorite). Maybe you are getting Figment and the parade mixed up?

big blue and hairy
05-26-2009, 07:36 AM
Puff was released as a Disney film. But never had a ride.??! Are you talking about Pete's Dragon? That was Elliot, not Puff.

:sulley:

brownie
05-26-2009, 07:38 AM
The sea dragon floats in the Electrical Water Pageant feature music from Pete's Dragon.

Wayne
05-26-2009, 08:30 AM
Wasn't Elliott featured in the Electrical Parade a few years back, (he was my favorite). Maybe you are getting Figment and the parade mixed up?

Yes, Elliott was in the Main Street Electrical Parade.

TheRustyScupper
05-26-2009, 09:28 AM
1) There was never a Puff ride at WDW or Disneyland.
2) Although, as mentioned above, there was the Figment ride.
3) It might have been nice to have a Puff ride.
4) But, as we all know,
. . . Puff lived by the sea
. . . in a place called honah lee, not WDW

Ian
05-26-2009, 10:30 AM
Yeah, you're almost definitely thinking of the original Journey Into Imagination ride.

There's never been a Puff the Magic Dragon attraction at any Disney theme park that I'm aware of.

joelkfla
05-26-2009, 10:32 AM
Yes, Elliott was in the Main Street Electrical Parade.
He still was, the last time I visited DCA a few years ago.

Yelling "Pete" when he went by always got a wave, because most guests had no idea who he was. :mickey:

Imagineer1981
05-26-2009, 01:31 PM
He still was, the last time I visited DCA a few years ago.

Yelling "Pete" when he went by always got a wave, because most guests had no idea who he was. :mickey:

Elliot was definitely part of MEP. I was watching an old video of it the other day. Pete rode on top