PDA

View Full Version : Resort Hopping

cherbie66
05-25-2009, 01:51 PM
I know I have heard some people talking about enjoying and exploring other resorts while staying in Disney. My question is: is any person who stays on property allowed to take part in any of the activities and enjoy the other pools and such at other resorts?

gueli
05-25-2009, 01:59 PM
Going to other resorts pools is a no no.
However- a guest can go to a resort and rent bicycles,rent sea racers, stroll the paths, enjoy a restaurant, shop at the stores, etc.

TammiMcMan
05-25-2009, 02:23 PM
Due to the sheer size and number of people staying on site, pools are for the exclusive use of those staying at that particular resort. The only exception is for those guests staying on DVC points, who can visit other member pools within their guidelines. There are also some resorts that are considered "sister resorts" and they share pool amenities with each other. For example, guests of the AllStars can swim in any AllStar pool. POR/POFQ can use each others and BC/YC share the Stormalong Bay pool.

Many of the activities are open to all resort guests, but I believe things like the pool movies and pool games are reserved for those that are staying there. You could always check with your lobby concierge CM to find out what's available to you. For the most part, all restaurants, bars and marinas are open to anyone and of course you can walk the public areas of any resort.

Daddy Mouse
05-25-2009, 03:08 PM
DW and I like to visit other resorts. We enjoy walking the grounds, checking out the shops, and restaurants. We've been fortunate enough to check out a few unoccupied rooms in the past. We intend to visit a few resorts on our nex trip as well.

The two I really like are AKL and WL.

buzznwoodysmom
05-25-2009, 04:40 PM
Many of the activities are open to all resort guests, but I believe things like the pool movies and pool games are reserved for those that are staying there.

I thought the outdoor movies were open to all WDW resort guests. I know at Fort Wilderness the campfire movies are open to all WDW resort guests reguardless of which resort you are staying at. I thought it would be the same at the other resorts offering this.

TammiMcMan
05-25-2009, 05:16 PM
I thought the outdoor movies were open to all WDW resort guests. I know at Fort Wilderness the campfire movies are open to all WDW resort guests reguardless of which resort you are staying at. I thought it would be the same at the other resorts offering this.There's a difference though with the outdoor movies, which is why I specified "pool" movies. Campfire movies on the beach or in the campground are in public areas. I believe the Swan/Dolphin and the AllStars have their movies by the pool, which would make them exclusive to guests staying at that resort as the pool is not really a public area. Hope that makes sense :).

cherbie66
05-25-2009, 08:41 PM
I was not aware that the All Star resorts had movies by the pool. How often do they do this?

TammiMcMan
05-25-2009, 09:27 PM
I was not aware that the All Star resorts had movies by the pool. How often do they do this?I know that the AllStar Music has daily pool activities and a movie each night.