PDA

View Full Version : DHS Rope Drop Strategy

hope2survive
05-25-2009, 09:29 AM
I haven't been to DHS since TSM opened, so what is the new strategy?

I always went from rope drop straight to ToT and got FP and then got in line for RnRC, then over to ToT and got FP for either RnRC or ToT as soon as I could get the next.

Now it sounds like I need to go straigt to TSM and get FP and then get in line so how should I work in getting over to ToT for FP? I can always do single rider for RnRC.

sisterdisco
05-25-2009, 11:19 AM
We went late August last year, and were there 30" before rope drop, had to wait outside of the gates for the 30", then had to wait inside for them to do a little opening show...at that point, people were pushing and shoving, and it was really hot and muggy. When the show was over, it was unbelieveable!! People were running like a herd of bulls straight to TSM....and I am not exaggerating "running". We got FP for TSM and then went in stand by too, and then on to RNRC, and TOT. No wait at either RNRC or TOT.
Good luck!

dancin Disney style
05-25-2009, 01:03 PM
I would advise that you go to TSM first thing and get a FP. They do have a single rider line that you can use later. I would then go to ToT and RnRC.

It is fun but I don't get what all the hype is about. It is basically the same as Buzz over at MK. The main difference being that TSM is 3D.

Briansmom
05-25-2009, 01:55 PM
It is fun but I don't get what all the hype is about. It is basically the same as Buzz over at MK. The main difference being that TSM is 3D.

I would tend to disagree...I thinkg that TSM is much better. I am not great at aiming and playing games like these, and when we went on both of these a couple of weeks ago, TSM was much more pleasurable because I could actually track my shots and know when I hit or missed a target. On Buzz I can't even tell where my laser pinpoint is. It is basically like closing your eyes and pulling the trigger on the little guns. TSM is better, hands down.
Sorry I don't have any advice for the rope drop strategy....we chose to sleep in later this trip and didn't get anywhere for rope drop except the morning of our ADR at Donald's Safari breakfast. But it sounds like FP from TSM first thing would be your best bet! Good luck!

LandFan
05-26-2009, 02:17 PM
I have also heard that the single rider line on TSM is closed for a while (I am bummed) so don't count on that...

SBETigg
05-26-2009, 02:55 PM
I would head straight for TSM. We loved it so much we rode twice in a row. We like Buzz Lightyear, too, and this is similar but really not at all the same experience. I think they did it much better with TSM, so fun. Worth noting that the line moves quickly, and it's a fascinating queue. I wouldn't miss it. Also worth noting that sometimes the Fastpass line is as long as or longer than the standby.

After TSM, head for ToT and RnRC. I'm not sure if we were just lucky, but the wait for both ToT and RnRC were around twenty minutes or less until well past noon. TSM was by far the bigger draw and the wait time started at 20 minutes and just kept climbing fast.

GoBlueLacheta
05-26-2009, 03:06 PM
TSM is similar to Soarin at EPCOT. It is a major attraction that isn't really intense thrill ride. A huge spectrum of people enjoy the attraction. The FP run out fairly quickly so get in two rides early on. Standby first then grab a FP after your first ride it should be around Noon or so during average to above average crowd days. Obviously slow times and extreme times can have an impact on that. TOT and RNC will still have manageable Stand by lines when you get over there after TSM.

FantasmicJ
05-26-2009, 03:13 PM
I would head for TSM. We were there last friday 5/22 as the park opened, slightly after the rope drop. We went to get a fastpass right away, and the line for fastpasses went all the way to Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Our fastpass was for 11:40-12:40AM.

Our bus driver said that they run out of fastpasses at 10AM...though we did see at around 1pm that day that there were still some available for 7:30-8:30PM, so that may not be the most accurate...