PDA

View Full Version : weight watchers

last real pirate
05-25-2009, 08:52 AM
my wife has been doing amazing on weight watchers and i want to cook a really nice dinner for her to show her that i support her and am proud of her for her hard work. i am not on weight watchers so i am not to sure of what is low in points and still taste good. any body have any good ideas out there?

kakn7294
05-25-2009, 09:06 AM
That's really sweet of you! I don't have any recipes at hand but you might be able check the Weight Watchers website for some. I'm not sure if you can access that info without being a logged-in member or not. Weight Watchers also published several cookbooks that should be available at most bookstores. Both sources would have the points listed.

elmjimmlm
05-25-2009, 11:52 AM
If you are thinking about steak then for just about every ounce of lean meat is 1 point...Most lean meat is 1 point per ounce...A medium potato is 2...Just about every vegetable is either no points to 2...Weight Watchers is based on calories and fat along with fiber...The more fiber, less the points...I am going to PM you a web site that we use and there are recipes on there with the points...I think that its great you are willing to help...That is half the struggle when trying to lose weight is having good support ...

ElenitaB
05-25-2009, 03:34 PM
You can visit the WW site as a guest and find some recipes there. If you both like fish, that's a great choice (shellfish and non-oily fish [salmon, trout, etc.] come in at 2 oz per point).

BTW, this is an incredibly nice gesture of you! I'm sure your DW will appreciate it.

last real pirate
05-26-2009, 06:15 PM
thanks for all the help. i found a recipe for grilled pork chops on the ww website that is not that many points than i am going to use. i just told dw that we have a date night this friday. wish me luck.