PDA

View Full Version : Who is frustrated over reservations??

dsnyfan001
05-24-2009, 10:01 PM
I just want to know who is just as frustrated as i am about the new way of dining reservations?
I called on the day I was supposed to at 7 in the morning waited one hour then someone came on and somehow someway got disconnected but it wasnt my end because I was on my regular home phone. Then to call back and wait yet another hour and get some really lousy reservation times basically I took what I could get.. this 90 + 10 day thing is stupid. I think that last year was so much easier than this year the places are still booked up so what was the use of doing it this way!! Tell me how u feel lol!:mad:

forever a child
05-24-2009, 11:59 PM
What exactly is the 90 + 10? :confused:I need to know before I make my reservations! I just thought it was 90 days. Do you put a deposit down for each reservation? I remember I did before but now we are going under the free DDP...so I am not sure if we have to?

Thanks!:mickey:

Seasonscraps
05-25-2009, 12:16 AM
What exactly is the 90 + 10? :confused:I need to know before I make my reservations! I just thought it was 90 days. Do you put a deposit down for each reservation? I remember I did before but now we are going under the free DDP...so I am not sure if we have to?

Thanks!:mickey:

90+10 is where Disney resort guests are able to make ADRs 90 days prior to their arrival date for the first 10 days of their vacation. This is a perk for resort guests - they don't have to call back everyday to make their reservations.

There are a couple of restaurants that require a credit card deposit/hold in case of cancellation. You can find the list HERE (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/pss.asp). If you show up for the meal, your credit card is not charged and you use dining credits to cover the cost of the meal.

forever a child
05-25-2009, 12:30 AM
90+10 is where Disney resort guests are able to make ADRs 90 days prior to their arrival date for the first 10 days of their vacation. This is a perk for resort guests - they don't have to call back everyday to make their reservations.

There are a couple of restaurants that require a credit card deposit/hold in case of cancellation. You can find the list HERE (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/pss.asp). If you show up for the meal, your credit card is not charged and you use dining credits to cover the cost of the meal.

Thank you for the help. :thanks: I realize why I needed a deposit for the one and not the others we ever made, the one was at Cinderella's Royal Table - so that answers that question!

Also, when have eaten at Hollywood and Vine and but not made ressies for the Fantasmic Dinning, but while we were there at dinner they asked if we were planning to go to Fantasmic and would like to be placed in the Reserved seating, which we did. If I make a ressie for there, should I specify the Fantasmic Dinning this time? :confused:

Thanks again for the help!:mickey:

spoiledraf
05-25-2009, 01:11 AM
I just want to know who is just as frustrated as i am about the new way of dining reservations?
I called on the day I was supposed to at 7 in the morning waited one hour then someone came on and somehow someway got disconnected but it wasnt my end because I was on my regular home phone. Then to call back and wait yet another hour and get some really lousy reservation times basically I took what I could get.. this 90 + 10 day thing is stupid. I think that last year was so much easier than this year the places are still booked up so what was the use of doing it this way!! Tell me how u feel lol!:mad:

Sometimes you get what you pay for. How much are you paying for your dining plan?

Not trying to be rude but when it's free, the volume of requests go sky high and the number of spots remain fixed. I had no problem getting all my ADRS for June and I didn't call til 80 days out. But I'm paying more for my dining than my tickets and room which makes me think the 4 + 3 plan is much better than free dining.

Good Luck with your plans and role with the punches.

deedeenmickey
05-25-2009, 06:24 AM
Last year was 180 + 10 so it was the same just farther out. I think the free dining promotion has been a big hit. I am going on June 3rd NOT during free dining and when I called I got everything thing I wanted including Le Cellier, Ohanas, Boma, Coral Reef, Crystal Palace x 2 and Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic DP. I have heard of ALOT of people getting "disconnected". I wonder if the CMs are getting as frustrated as everyone else.;)

EPCOTGAL1
05-25-2009, 07:13 AM
I started a thread the other day about my frustrating experience so I completely understand. I'm really wondering if they don't release tables until certain times or days. Even with the 10 day advance of people booking before you, I can't believe they ALL are booking Le Cellier and Ohana's. I too got a "lunch" that was not available a couple hours earlier in a call I made? And note that even though dining is "free"...well, it doesn't quite work out to be free once you add in Appetizers, beverages (if alcohol), tax and tip (assuming you maximize the menu and order an expensive entree)...it will probably add up to the same as paying outright at counter service two times in a day? Or something like that.... I'll still take that.... a filet at Le Cellier is better than a burger at American Adventure. :)

As a side note, ALL the CM's I encountered trying to make my ADR's on Saturday were VERY nice and understanding. And they asked me different questions each time. Not all asked me my address and not all asked me my confirmation # for resort?? Now, I was also pleasant because I knew the problems they were having were not their fault...

Hopefully, they will have online ADR's up for general public soon so that this problem goes away...(only to make room for a new problem).

Keep calling when you think of it...and NOT in the morning when all the new folks are calling, you just might get in or switch your lunch. Good luck and have a great time when you are there! :mickey:

kathiep
05-25-2009, 07:30 AM
Today is my call in day. I was on the phone at exactly 7am and have now been waiting 27 minutes :mad:

DH was trying to keep me calm last night...."remember it's just where we're going to eat. Sure we have our favorites but no matter what happens, it really doesn't make or break the trip". I guess he's right but I still want to have some success with what's on my list!

dsnyfan001
05-25-2009, 01:11 PM
Sometimes you get what you pay for. How much are you paying for your dining plan?

Not trying to be rude but when it's free, the volume of requests go sky high and the number of spots remain fixed. I had no problem getting all my ADRS for June and I didn't call til 80 days out. But I'm paying more for my dining than my tickets and room which makes me think the 4 + 3 plan is much better than free dining.

thanks yea it was the free dining i just remember last year bein so much easer lol

DisneyWFan
05-25-2009, 10:03 PM
I had no problem this morning making my ADR's called at 7 and was making the ADR's by 7:20 and was able to whip right through them

My ADR's for my first 10 days are

8/23 Chef Mickey's for a late dinner
8/24 Sci-Fi For Lunch
8/25 Boma for breakfast
8/26 Garden Grill for dinner
8/27 1900 Park Fare breakfast
8/28 LeCellier for lunch
8/29 Tusker House for breakfast
8/30 Crystal Palace for breakfast
8/31 Hollywood and Vine breakfast
9/1 Whispering Canyon Café Dinner
9/2 1900 Park Fare Dinner

the only thing I had to do was change the day on two of my ADR's,
but that was ok because I was able to swap them with other dinners around the same parks. Not as bad as the posts led me to belive it would be, but I probably just lucky:thumbsup:

wdwnomad
05-25-2009, 10:36 PM

:shake:

BluewaterBrad
05-26-2009, 04:13 PM
Have not had a problem since they changed to 90 days, but then again my 2 ressies were for planet hollywood at 8:20 and kona for a late 10:20 breakfast. It sounds like a lot of hassle though.:mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
05-26-2009, 04:26 PM
Keep trying, every day if you can. That's what we did until what we wanted opened up. Good luck:thumbsup:

wifey5794
05-27-2009, 07:17 AM
I LOVE it! From a family that goes at least once a year, we don;t always plan our trips the 180 days out but definately 90 days! For our upcoming trip it was awesome to just call and get everything we wanted when we ony booked a week before!

I do think if you are trying to do it during free dining it is definately a lot harder to get.

Also, on my last trip in Dec 08 - I spoke with 3 different familes who had purposely over booked ressies because they weren't sure where they wanted to eat or when. I think that is aweful but people do that too!

Just keep calling - even when you are in the parks. Things will open up!

Bethanymouse
05-27-2009, 07:24 AM
I am not a fan of the 90 days out or the new system. We our getting married there in July so many of our family members are traveling and making reservations. When I called for mine, for only 7 days of reservations it took me over an hour! I got almost everything I wanted- calling the 90 plus 10 days, but still, there has to be a more time efficient way of doing things.

When I called for some of my family's reservations, I barely got them into the restaurants they wanted around dinner times. It was really really weird. And again it took over an hour. I am just not a fan of this!

Disney_Barbie
05-27-2009, 08:49 AM
I agree. I was pretty confused, so the economy is bust & I'm assuming that the property isn't going to be swamed (since they must have have THAT much of property booked cause their park hours are horrible scares for my trip) So why is it that I can't seem to get a table, when I've been able to get a table in the past when property was almost full to copassidy??? I called the @ about 7:15 at the 90 day mark and could not get a Coral Reef Ressie for the day of our arrivial (which is kinda tradition for us) Coral Reef, are you kidding me, normally they're practically paying peple to eat there, it's not exactly Le Celler, what's going on?
I mean, I'm sure with the Ecomony where it is, people are wanting to take advantage of the free dinning, but still, we go during free dinning every year, and generally do not book our dinning ressies much earlier than this (even back when the limit was 180) So why now, of all times, can I not get even close to the dinning ressies I want?!?

Disney Doll
05-27-2009, 11:25 AM
We are going at the end of Sept, but not using free dining because we are staying DVC. I've never been during the free dining time before and I dread the apparent hassle. This may be our 1st and last Sept. trip. :(

JPL
05-27-2009, 01:58 PM
Disney needs to adopt the Credit Card hold on all ADRs. This would cut down on double bookings which seems to be a major problem. They also need to institute a release policy that allows cancellations to return back to the system quickly or at least make them available for walk ups.

As for free dining I have done the math sevral times and it has never truly been free with other deals they usually offering at the time. But that is a discussion for another time. All I will say is do the math and explore your options before booking.