PDA

View Full Version : March Spring Break Crowds

magicgal
05-24-2009, 06:55 PM
Hi, can anyone tell me when approximately the spring break crowds start in March? We were thinking of going the second week in March of 2010, and wondered how the crowds are? Thanks!

faline
05-24-2009, 07:53 PM
Spring break crowds begin with Presidents Day week in February and continue right through Easter week. Some weeks are better than others though there's no real way of predicting whether you will hit a good week or a heavy crowd week.

estein80
05-24-2009, 09:04 PM
March is not as bad as Feb or Apr because that is when you will get the most families. I was there in March and though it wasn't the busiest I've seen it, it was still pretty busy. FP's ran out early and lines were pretty long. I would suggest getting there early.

WDWFRK
05-26-2009, 06:51 PM
We went this past March at about the same time you're thinking about. It was crazy busy--FPs gone quickly and 2 hour+ waits for the E-ticket rides.

It was not my ideal trip, but we made the most out of it. I teach so I am now limited to certain times of year for my trips, but if you have another option, you might want to reconsider going at this time of year. If not, just be prepared and plan well! :mickey:

ThanxForNoticin
05-26-2009, 06:56 PM
Spring break crowds begin with Presidents Day week in February and continue right through Easter week. Some weeks are better than others though there's no real way of predicting whether you will hit a good week or a heavy crowd week.

I totally agree. It is very tough to predict crowds. High schools and colleges run their spring breaks at different times later in winter and most of the spring, with things picking up around President's Day. Certain weeks in March can be busy due to spring training baseball, too. Early April will probably get quite busy because of Easter. It's tough to pick a 'perfect' week, but I wouldn't stop planning a trip because of it. Hope it works out well for you!

dream6
05-26-2009, 07:11 PM
The first week in March has been pretty nice when it comes to crowds, but you can definitely see it pick up during the second week! There was a huge difference!

tjstrike
05-28-2009, 11:23 PM
Wow, I'll never do another spring break !! We were there March 21st - 28th and the crowds were bad. I'll stick to Early Oct. and Early Feb. from now on.

readytogo2
05-29-2009, 04:01 PM
we were there 2nd week of march this yr and it was very business. late EMHs were so crowded , pools were noisy until after midnight, plus they also had cheerleading contest at DHS.so its either late feb or after sept for us