PDA

View Full Version : GF Campfire and S'mores?

limegreenmonorail
05-24-2009, 04:40 PM
I just saw somewhere that the Grand Floridian now has a campfire on the beach every night along with an outdoor movie. Does anybody have more information on this? Is this open to all WDW resort guests, just like the one at Fort Wilderness? And does anyone have a listing of movies and times? We have dinner at 1900 Park Fare one night, and this would be such fun afterwards! Thanks!

SBETigg
05-24-2009, 05:05 PM
I'm not sure on the details, but we saw the set-up when we stayed there in April and it looked fantastic. It's on the side of the beach pool closer to the Polynesian. My kids would have loved it if they were there with us, but it was our trip without kids.

TammiMcMan
05-24-2009, 11:36 PM
I have not seen anything that says it's exclusive to GF and Poly guests only. The details are in the welcome packet given at those two resorts though. If you aren't staying at either resort, you could probably just check with the concierge lobby desk at your resort and have them find out what movie is playing.

It's currently being offered nightly, but the times will vary depending on season (sunset). The campfire will either begin at 7pm or 8pm, followed by the movie an hour later. You probably want to pack some beach towels to sit on though, as I'm not aware of any other seating available on the beach.

Figment78
05-26-2009, 12:48 PM
how incredibly fun! I'm so glad to hear of this addition. I've always been jealous of the movies shown at BC and SSR and now we might be able to do this in April of 2010 (if they keep it going then!).

Figment78
07-17-2009, 09:55 PM
Does anyone know if this is still going on at the Grand Floridian and if they have a new schedule of movies that they will be showing in August?