PDA

View Full Version : Advice on POFQ

Kaptain Hook
05-24-2009, 12:31 AM
We're booked for Oct. 3rd with free dining at POFQ. A family friend is traveling with us and staying in the same room. 3 adults and two kids (3&1). Does anyone have any advice on a particular building or room we should request? Also, does the bathroom have a door? From the pictures it looks like there's just a curtain. Thanks for any help.

Only 132 days til we get to the world.

2lilboys
05-24-2009, 07:30 AM
We are also staying at POFQ for the first time this November. From what I have heard (and read on these boards), the resort is not huge so all the buildings are within a comfortable walking distance to the pool/food court/bus stop. Hopefully someone else that has stayed here before can give you more advice though.

It seems that the room set-up is the same as POR (where we have stayed several times) so I can let you know that there is a door for the bathroom. The toilet and shower/tub are in a separate room with a door. The pedestal sinks and closet area are located right outside the bathroom and can be closed off from the rest of the room by the privacy curtain. At POR, the curtain came in handy when I needed to get dressed and ready while my kids were still sleeping so I would not bother them.

Hope you enjoy your trip! :mickey:

Briansmom
05-24-2009, 07:54 AM
We just returned from POFQ and we stayed in building 5. We actually got an upgrade! I paid for a standard room and when we were checking in, she asked me if I had a bldg preference; I told her 4 or 5 (because they are closest to the food court, bus stop and pool) and when we got to our room, it was a corner room (two windows!!) right around the corner from the pool and right on the river (the view was beautiful). It was perfect!
Last year we stayed in building 7, and while none of the buildings are an extremely long way from the center of things, this was a little too far for us for our special needs son. It just really depends if you want to be close in to the 'action' or if you prefer to be just a little further out. The resort is very quiet, so even close to the 'action' is still relaxing. Hope you have a great time....I wish we were still there!

E-OR
05-24-2009, 10:34 AM
Our family will be staying at POFQ for the 5th time in September/October. I love this resort. We like building #5. Pool or Standard view are really nice. Standard view looks over a nice courtyard with a fountain. The corner rooms have an extra window. The resort is small enough that no matter what building you are in you will be close to everything you need. The boat to DD is a great feature. We also like to walk down to POR to eat for a change. It is a short walk along the river. There is a door to the bathroom. The curtain you see is between the sleeping area and the sink area. This was a feature they added when they updated the rooms a few years ago. We really like this. You will love POFQ it is a really beautiful resort.

LudwigVonDrake
05-24-2009, 11:45 AM
I stayed in building 4 last July and the room had a door separating the bathroom area from the rest of the room.

garymacd
05-24-2009, 10:29 PM
We are also staying at POFQ for the first time this November. From what I have heard (and read on these boards), the resort is not huge so all the buildings are within a comfortable walking distance to the pool/food court/bus stop. Hopefully someone else that has stayed here before can give you more advice though.

It seems that the room set-up is the same as POR (where we have stayed several times) so I can let you know that there is a door for the bathroom. The toilet and shower/tub are in a separate room with a door. The pedestal sinks and closet area are located right outside the bathroom and can be closed off from the rest of the room by the privacy curtain. At POR, the curtain came in handy when I needed to get dressed and ready while my kids were still sleeping so I would not bother them.

Hope you enjoy your trip! :mickey:

That curtain has worked for us, too. I was always first up, so I would get up, shower and shave (Yep, even on vacation, everyday) and then head out to get coffee and beignets - I mean breakfast - for everyone. That curtain is well lined so it actually keeps the room dark so the court jester didn't disturb his sleeping princesses and queen.

Miss Tink 2
05-26-2009, 11:00 AM
Just got back a week ago and stayed at POFQ for the 4th time!!! We really love this resort. Love the size, atmosphere and of course, the beignets! We got building 5 and it was great! So close to everything! Enjoy your stay there!:mickey:

Giselle
05-27-2009, 04:07 PM
Bldg 3 ground floor is my pick. Close to the bus stop, pool, and restaurant/store/lobby. The toilet/shower room has a door. The vanity area has a curtain.