PDA

View Full Version : oracea savings card

missangie1
05-23-2009, 09:34 AM
I'm mostly just lurker here but I was wondering if any one can help me out. I was just wondering if anyone here takes the medicine oracea and if they use the saving cards. A couple of months ago I was diagonsied with rosecea and been using metrocream, but might have to consider switching to oracea. I am wondering how much you save and is it worth switch to, does help?

TIA
Angie

Sunshine1010
05-23-2009, 10:52 AM
I am a 42 year old woman, and I've had Rosacea for about 10-12 years.

Been to some doctors and the first medicine they gave me was the Metrocream.

Then, I tried ProActive.

I've never gotten the results I really wanted until I did some research on the net and found ZenMed.

At first I bought the whole skin care system. Then, I went to just using the Facial Cleansing Gel Sensitive.

My skin is clear. And I mean CLEAR and soft and smooth.

During the shower, I don't wash my face (no soap products on my face). When I get out, I go to the sink and use this product.

EVERYONE has noticed a difference. I just ordered more (2 bottles for $25.00) will will last me for months and months.

I swear by this product.

Another hint if you have Rosacea ---- don't use blush at all.

Good Luck

missangie1
05-23-2009, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the reply I think I might order this because the metrocream doesn't seem tobe working. One more question for you, do you apply suncreen on your face during the summer I work at a day care center and outside during the day with the kids alot and thinking maybe I should start doing this.

Sunshine1010
05-24-2009, 02:28 AM
No, I don't use sunscreen on my face. It kinda messes with the make up...you know? Just doesn't 'feel' right ...especially when you have make up on.

BUT...I found a foundation that is for light skin AND has 35 sunscreen IN it. It's great. Not greasy, not dry.

Sun (heat) and even cold will activate rosacea. Stress will also. Just try to stay in the shade.

I swear by ZenMed...it's the only thing that has helped so far. I am a redhead with fair skin....and people come up to me now and compliment how pretty my skin is (without knowing that I have rosacea). It's THAT good. Just remember....I only use the facial cleansing gel for sensitive skin. It works fine...but you may want to buy the entire skin care collection. It's whatever works for you.

missangie1
05-25-2009, 11:46 AM
Thank you for all the advice, I finally found the answer for the saving card and it was only for $35 and that seemed like a too small an amount for a over $200 perscription that you take everday. I ended ordering the whole Roscea support system today!!:thumbsup: I now can't for it to come in the mail! Hope you have a had great long weekend!

Aggie97
05-25-2009, 04:07 PM
I used low-dose doxycycline (which is the same antibiotic that is in Oracea), along with Metrogel in the morning and Differin gel at night, for several years. I also used a non-prescription face wash, Cetaphil. My skin was great with this regime! :)

Sunshine1010
05-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Most Rosacea patients end up trying several different products before they find one that really works for them. However long it takes....just remember, don't give up. Clear skin is around the corner.

missangie1
05-25-2009, 09:39 PM
Most Rosacea patients end up trying several different products before they find one that really works for them. However long it takes....just remember, don't give up. Clear skin is around the corner.
Thank you for the advice, this has made me feel a whole lot better about my breakouts, and I am now pretty sure the metrocream is just not working for me, thanks again.