PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club Villas

JoDisney
05-23-2009, 07:50 AM
What are the Beach Club Villas like?

MarkC
05-23-2009, 03:55 PM
There are three different sizes-- a studio, one bedroom and two bedroom. The studio is very similar to a standard motel room but a little nicer. There is a min-fridge and microwave, with one queen bed and a double sleeper sofa. The one bedroom is like an apartment-- a king size bedroom with it's own tv, a whirlpool, shower, kitchenette and living room with a sleeper sofa. It also has a built in washer and dryer. They are really very nice. Depending on whether you need the room or have the points on DVC, the one bedrooms are extremely nice but a studio should fit you just fine.

dmosher
05-23-2009, 05:36 PM
While the rooms at the BCV were nice, personally we didn't like the resort itself that much. Of course it had its' charms, but for us it was a bit TOO BIG. It took us forever to get to our to room and I have to admit I even got lost walking back through the buildings to avoid the rain. The room itself was nice, but for us it just wasn't worth the money. The kitchen was handy but the hallway to the room kept reminding us of The Shining for some reason. Very weird. From now on, we will be staying at the WL Villas. Just more comfy and cozy feeling.
:pipes:
D

MarkC
05-23-2009, 10:31 PM
JoDisney, not to worry. With no disrespect to the above poster, Beach Club is often voted the favorite resort in Walt Disney World. I understand everyone has different opinions about every resort, which is natural. Just don't be concerned that the resort isn't top notch. We love everything about it-- the pool, the rooms, the grounds and atmosphere, the walk to Epcot, etc.

Tigger&Stitch
05-24-2009, 03:16 AM
JoDisney, not to worry. With no disrespect to the above poster, Beach Club is often voted the favorite resort in Walt Disney World. I understand everyone has different opinions about every resort, which is natural. Just don't be concerned that the resort isn't top notch. We love everything about it-- the pool, the rooms, the grounds and atmosphere, the walk to Epcot, etc.

Yep, everyone indeed has his/her opinion, and I certainly share my husband's thoughts on the Beach Club. A couple of years ago, we did some 'resort hopping' and checked out the Beach Club. The grounds and lobby are stunning, and the pool alone is almost worth staying there. We were so taken with the place, we booked a few days in a one-bedroom there on our last trip.

Like he said, we were in a part of the resort that was quite far away from the lobby, and without fail, we got lost every day! And yes, definitely a creepy hallway (only because it was long and always empty). There was also a mysterious stain on our carpet, and the internet was spotty at best.

Also, the laundry is inconvenient if you are staying in a studio room. We had to walk a maze of hallways to find the closest laundry room, and only then did we discover that it didn't have a detergent vending machine! Only the biggest laundry room does (and the degt is twice as expensive at the market store).

It's a gorgeous resort overall, very beachy feeling. We found, though, that the cozy feel of the Wilderness Lodge suits us better. We also prefer to be closer to MK than Epcot/MGM.

ThanxForNoticin
05-24-2009, 09:43 AM
The Beach Club, and especially the Villas, are easily our favorite place to stay at Disney. The BCV rooms are exceptionally nice, the location is perfect for those who like time at EPCOT/DHS, the pool is the best on property, and we've found the service there to be very good. I can't say that we've ever had any issues with getting lost, but perhaps that's now because we have stayed there a few times and are more familiar. But with two different elevators in the building, we have not had trouble getting around.

I hope you get the chance to check it out for yourself.

eezi
05-26-2009, 05:20 AM
Thank you all for the information and helpful hints. Our familie is planning a visit to the Disney resorts and it is not always easy to find unbiased information about resorts, accommodation, facilities etc.

Figment78
05-26-2009, 12:35 PM
Welcome to intercot!

I just wanted to make sure you were aware that there are two different room types as the Beach Club Resort - regular hotel rooms and vacation club "villas." I only mention this because they are located in two different locations on the Beach Club property, have different housekeeping, different decor and different things in the room (like microwave, etc). Again, sorry if you already knew this, I just noticed that this was your first post and wanted to err on the side of caution...

PlutoPlanet
05-26-2009, 09:20 PM
And think of the pool as a mini water park.